Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Feb 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

2021 dues paid! (We rented a few points out :-) ) I fully appreciate that keeping the money as long as possible is better financially, but I love the security of knowing that it’s done and I don’t have to worry.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Is the 10 transactions a month rule on more recently opened accounts? We've never had to keep a $500 balance in ours, I usually just run it with one extra months payments worth incase we forget to do the monthly transfer , never had an issue.
Yes we do this too,never had 10 transactions a month or been charged thankfully!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

You can pay monthly, well you learn every day, thanks guys am away to check this out.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I wouldn’t worry about keeping the money in any savings account as it is virtually pointless- interest rates so low we are talking a few quid in interest a year for most people.
My preferred strategy is to pay in advance. Then if the worst should happen it’s always in credit for the following year.
Personally I would not set up a bank account for paying dues with ‘potential’ fees and ‘potential’ minimum balances etc to save (in my case with 400 points) probably $25 a year. It simply isn’t worth my time or hassle. Appreciate some have found that route useful though. I haven’t a date when the paying in advance was possible- it may always have been possible and not discovered or only became possible about 5 years ago. Many Brits historically set up the Suntrust before this was widely known and/ or possible.
Of course paying up front means you need to find the money 12 months in advance, so making the switch may be more problematic if you are already paying in arrears.

Edited at 01:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
You can pay monthly, well you learn every day, thanks guys am away to check this out.
There is another thread on here which shows you how to do it.

Many people didn’t appreciate you could do it, but it’s gaining a lot more traction nowadays as people become aware.
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Thanks YT
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List