Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Great plans OP. We did Las Vegas & California last year and fell in love, I’m sure you will too.

This year we have a 3 week road trip around the Southern States starting and ending in Florida.
In November we are provisionally going to Washington DC for 3 nights then Assateague Island for a night and ending in Philadelphia for another night.

Next years plans are potentially visiting Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Rocky Mountain National Parks but will depend on dates as both kids doing A Levels and GCSEs.

2022 has us returning to Florida to hopefully get married on Anna Maria Island. I’ve told OH I want to do it before I’m 40 in the November 😂
We may start with a week in Orlando, then a week on AMI for the wedding then finish with a week for our ‘honeymoon’ doing Naples and the Keys.

As a belated 40th in 2023 I would love to do the Mighty 5 National Parks in Utah. I took my OH to Vegas and the Grand Canyon for his so I deserve something equally fabulous 😉
The Mighty 5 is a must do it you won’t be disappointed.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Your plans sound fab ! Only got this year planned so far
Just been to Lisbon for a week, going to Porto for couple of weeks at Easter, Spanish Rias in the summer and WDW in October.
Next year think it’s a big family cruise IF we can get everyone’s time off to match !
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Lots of exciting plans for everyone - I love reading people’s ideas as it gives me inspiration.

I see a few of you have mentioned DLP - I just can’t get over how expensive it is!

I feel very grateful to be healthy enough and have enough disposable income to travel. There are some people at DH’s work who never go away. I think it’s perhaps lack of confidence rather than lack of finance (but then who knows what goes on behind closed doors), but I couldn’t imagine never seeing the world (or the parts I want to see), or following a passion (such as Disney)... I feel quite sad for them, and lucky for myself.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

Sounds like you have some great plans. So far we have a honeymoon to mexico in November and next may are thinking about Disney world.
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I have firm plans for this year and rough plans for lots of places for many years to come, researching holidays is my hobby!

Villages Nature and DLP over new year with extended family
Miami, Keys and Disney cruise in April
Yorkshire glamping with friends in May
Tour of Southern Ireland in July
Ibiza with extended family in Aug
Waiting on easyJet schedule for Oct - maybe Naples or Athens - European sightseeing

Hubby’s 50th next April and will be last Easter hol as son will do GCSEs the following year. Was planning for Hong Kong and Dubai but recently started looking at replacing Dubai (been twice already) with Maldives as that is hubby’s dream holiday. Bit up in the air with the HK riots and Coronavirus- it’s still a year out but committing to flights etc when times are uncertain is scary.

Future years I have draft itineraries already for
SLC to Vegas via big 5
West coast San Fran to San Diego
Denver - Yosemite road trip
China tour Beijing, Shanghai, Terracotta Army, pandas, Yankee river cruise
Japan
Son loves sightseeing, daughter loves theme parks and pools so always trying to balance keeping them both happy.

So many places, not enough time off or money! I’m definitely of the opinion to do as much as we can while we are able/healthy. My Dad had a stroke a few years ago and it was game over in a blink of an eye - fit and healthy one day, paralysed the next and he unfortunately died before ever regaining any independence.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Wow lots of plans everyone. I've got another 10 night greek island hopping trip planned for June with my friend. September another friend and I go to Krakow. As a single lady with older kids who dont want to travel with their boring Mum, I find it hard to plan as I would like. I've never been brave enough to do any solo trips anywhere. I've got a real love of travel but cant always guarantee my married friends can come away. I've seen a lot of Europe and been to the states 3 times but never further. I have so many places on my bucket list just not the confidence any more to do them alone. X

Edited at 10:28 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

This Easter.. SFO, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Seattle, Vancouver.

2021 Cyprus. 1 week in the North and 1 in the South.

2022 San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Davis Monthan, New Orleans.

2023 or 2024 (without kids and thus September) All the States N of Boston (easy to do), then across to Buffalo for Niagara Falls , Detroit, Chicago.

2024 or 2023 Vietnam and Cambodia.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:43 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

This October we have a trip to California booked, we are flying in club for the first time (booked with points) and we are doing Disneyland Anaheim, Los Angeles and San Francisco, very excited!

And then next year as always we had about a hundred different ideas, but my partner couldn’t get excited about any of them, all’s he wants to do is go back to Orlando (which I’m not complaining about), it was just the financial side I was worried about as we are saving to buy another house, but it looks like Orlando is pretty much set for two weeks in May and i am so excited to get it booked now!

Beyond that I have no idea, I think we would both love to do another part of the USA in 2022, we seem to alternate, maybe Washington D.C and Boston, who knows, we aren’t good at planning ahead as we change our minds too much!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve planned for this year and next year so far...two trips to Florida this year and next year I’m hoping to sneak a week at Universal in March for Mardi Gras, California in October 2021 and a few nights in NYC between Xmas and New Year in 2021.
After that we’ll most likely be back to week long/10 day hols again as DS will be in GCSE years at school... now that’s a scary thought!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No firm plans made for holidays in the next few years except Jersey in the summer.
There is an end in sight to school holidays though so we are looking forward to going back to last minute holidays and lots more of them !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List