Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Start as we mean to go on- 2021 dues

Just made my first dues payment.

Not too bad value for around £180 a month given the holidays we have once I have divided it by 12.

Last year I still got stung with a bigger payment at the end as I had bought another contract- this year will be all paid up by the time the bill drops.
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I like to pay our dues monthly in arrears, no point paying Disney before we have to.
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. I am going to wait a few days yet for the 1st payment. I would like to see the rate tickle up a bit hopefully.
I use the MBNA Horizon Card so it goes towards free cashback as well.

I tend to pay circa £400 a month but still end up with some to pay. However it's not the horror bill it used to be

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I like to pay our dues monthly in arrears, no point paying Disney before we have to.
We do the same.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I did my 1st payment in Jan and was just thinking about making another but will see what happens with the exchange rate. Luckily it's only £100 a month for us then maybe another couple of hundred dollars to settle in Jan so not too bad. Lower dues means less points however so less trips 🙁.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

We accidentally started paying ours last year as I overestimated the increase! As soon as PayPal stop messing me around ours will be about 75% done. :-)
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
We accidentally started paying ours last year as I overestimated the increase! As soon as PayPal stop messing me around ours will be about 75% done. :-)
Wow that’s good.
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Love paying mine monthly via our US account, we had to pay up front for our new resale contract so nothing more a month until 2021. We also each transfer weekly from Revolut into our US account and each have a weekly standing order onto revolut. That satisfies our 10 transactions a month so we don’t need to keep the $500 balance in our Suntrust (avoids charges)
All pretty painless really.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Totally! Better the money stays in my account earning me interest. SunTrust was a revelation for us after fiddling around with Wachovia for years, so easy.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Love paying mine monthly via our US account, we had to pay up front for our new resale contract so nothing more a month until 2021. We also each transfer weekly from Revolut into our US account and each have a weekly standing order onto revolut. That satisfies our 10 transactions a month so we don’t need to keep the $500 balance in our Suntrust (avoids charges)
All pretty painless really.
Is the 10 transactions a month rule on more recently opened accounts? We've never had to keep a $500 balance in ours, I usually just run it with one extra months payments worth incase we forget to do the monthly transfer , never had an issue.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List