Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Mar 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Has GE forced HS to become a two-day park?

Hi all! As the title suggests, has Galaxy's Edge made Hollywood Studios a two-day visit for those of us not staying onsite?

Our last trip was pre-GE/Toy Story Land. We managed all the rides/attractions we wanted during one full day and it was one of our favourite parks. With all the talk of boarding passes for ROTR and the tiered options for FP+, I feel at an utter loss about how best to approach this park during our upcoming trip in June (assuming Trump allows our flight into the country by that point!).

DH wants to prioritise GE. As much as I love Star Wars too, I hadn't really intended to spend a whole day in GE (which appears to be possible going by some people's reviews).

We are always willing to be at the parks for rope drop. Given that we only have the 30-day window for FP+, what are people's recommendations for tackling the park? Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.
Old 12 Mar 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBh I actually think it's the other way & would better describe it as a 2 1/2 day park.We were fortunate, last year, to be able to do the 6:00am EMH, whilst everyone ran too GE we done the rest of the park & by the time we got to GE, had a 20 min wait on Smuggler's & out the park before lunch. As it currently stands, if you don't get a boarding group then you are not getting on ROTR, we thought that Smuggler's was Meh, as I've stated before it's all about the Pilot's seats & you really don't have any control over these & Disney are kidding themselves on the guests can swap between their "6", why would you as the gunner & engineer seats are "rank"!
With the rides all falling back into their proper Tiers then there's only really the shows to affect your timings
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Thanks for your input, SD. I hadn't thought about breaking it down into 1/2 days instead. I'll certainly consider that as an option for my itinerary.
Old 12 Mar 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have 4 days planned for each of DHS, AK and MK but we’ll redo our favourite rides.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
TBh I actually think it's the other way & would better describe it as a 2 1/2 day park.We were fortunate, last year, to be able to do the 6:00am EMH, whilst everyone ran too GE we done the rest of the park & by the time we got to GE, had a 20 min wait on Smuggler's & out the park before lunch. As it currently stands, if you don't get a boarding group then you are not getting on ROTR, we thought that Smuggler's was Meh, as I've stated before it's all about the Pilot's seats & you really don't have any control over these & Disney are kidding themselves on the guests can swap between their "6", why would you as the gunner & engineer seats are "rank"!
With the rides all falling back into their proper Tiers then there's only really the shows to affect your timings
SD
I have done all three roles and preferred the engineer role
HS is my favourite park and I can easily spend two days there
Old 14 Mar 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
lizzie each to there own but from my point of view, you are side on to the main screen, so constantly looking there & then have to look back at your flashing buttons to fire your harpoons, I actually wonder if they even make a difference! Sorry I just felt/thought it was a Star Tours/Mission space Hybrid that I'd likely queue a max of 15 mins to do again, it's right up there with Navi'i IMO.
For us HS is a park that we go into & do what we have to then leave, poor food options compared to the other 3. By my estimation 9 rides, 3 of which are SW- see above for Star Tours & Smugglers & you will know within the first 5 mins if you are getting a boarding group for ROTR so could actually be 8, for adults I'd say SDD & Saucers are 1 & done although you might do SDD more than once. TSM,ToT, RNRRC & new Railway, too old for Disney Junior so effectively 4 shows, 3 of which have been there since the park opened. Not to mention Star Wars everywhere...done to death !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List