Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

View Poll Results: How Many DVC points will you lose if trip cancelled
Specify No of Borrowed points only 9 56.25%
Specify No of Banked Points only 1 6.25%
Specify No of Borrowed and Banked points 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Mar 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Sorry, is this confirmed with them? I am reading the email they sent as “ returned to current use year” meaning borrowed points would be returned to that use year?
Are they meaning “any” points will be returned to your current use year, including borrowed?
The email we got is not extremely clear? If this is so this is terrible. It is also a bit unfair considering the extreme extensions they re allowed on full re booking, extensions and refunds on Disney Cruise Line.
We are cancelling and banking our May trip points points and will try and extend our AllSports AP booking for half the trip extended if the no fly is lifted.
Be happy to join the petition if this evolves and is really confirmed but, like Karen, I wonder if you should see if they don’t review what they are currently doing? Right now June is so grey as to what may happen.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We have current year and borrowed points in two reservations. Assuming we can swap them around, we'll lose about 30 borrowed points from May. We would lose a further 150 borrowed points if October has to be cancelled (and possibly 175 current year points beyond their banking deadline depending on the date).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Sorry, is this confirmed with them? I am reading the email they sent as “ returned to current use year” meaning borrowed points would be returned to that use year?
Are they meaning “any” points will be returned to your current use year, including borrowed?
The email we got is not extremely clear? If this is so this is terrible. It is also a bit unfair considering the extreme extensions they re allowed on full re booking, extensions and refunds on Disney Cruise Line.
We are cancelling and banking our May trip points points and will try and extend our AllSports AP booking for half the trip extended if the no fly is lifted.
Be happy to join the petition if this evolves and is really confirmed but, like Karen, I wonder if you should see if they don’t review what they are currently doing? Right now June is so grey as to what may happen.
No its not confirmed. DVC website says points WILL go back to the use year they where borrowed from. Points have to be manually moved back to the correct year as no automatic system is in place to do it. It will take time for someone to do it. Normally it takes about 2 weeks to do but under current times I suspect it will be longer.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Ears
VIP Dibber

5 banked and 111 borrowed. Current ok as I could cancel and bank these provided 31 day cancelled rule.
Old 19 Mar 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

The DVC operational update states points will be returned into CURRENT use year not put into holding.
It also read separately that Banking rules apply.

Some dibbers have already been refused when asked if they could 'unborrow' points.

We simply need clarification of policy, not some 'ad-hoc' system as you can see so far, there are a lot of people who stand to lose a lot of points through no fault of their own.
Surely Disney can come up with some solution which won't impact on their inventory as much.

These are indeed 'trying times'.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
The DVC operational update states points will be returned into CURRENT use year not put into holding.
It also read separately that Banking rules apply.

Some dibbers have already been refused when asked if they could 'unborrow' points.

We simply need clarification of policy, not some 'ad-hoc' system as you can see so far, there are a lot of people who stand to lose a lot of points through no fault of their own.
Surely Disney can come up with some solution which won't impact on their inventory as much.

These are indeed 'trying times'.
Read the whole notice on the DVC website. It specifically states that borrowed points go back to their borrowed year.
All other points included banked used points go into the Current use year and not into holding.

Borrowed Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation will not be placed in holding and will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

Would lose 92 points with our May Trip. 50 banked und 42 borrowwd
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OKWNER92
Looking for my Ears

We have banked 32 points from 2019 use year / used our 436 from 2020 use year / borrowed 436 from 2021 use year - plus we purchased one off points -25 I think, for this years big family vacation in August.
I'm not sure if we would loose them as I haven't contacted MS yet . If they are placed into the use year the trip was booked Aug 20 to July 21 we will struggle to fit in another full family vacation due to school holidays.
I'd hope the 436 from '21 could be placed back into that year - and I could then bank the 436 from '20 too. That way we'd only lose the 32 from '19.
Hopefully that could mean we'd have our big family holiday in August 2021!
OKWNER92 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We will loose 414 points broken down as

134 points banked from 2018
250 points 2019
30 borrowed from 2020