Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Mar 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

We tried 4 times. First day was Presidents’ Day and data was the winner, BG 61. We were over by Indiana jones. We used iPhone X on these days. After this we used my work phone too, we kept this on WiFi. We had the old version of the app, before the update 2 weeks ago. We stood at the meet doc mcstuffins (I think that’s her name). Because of all the buildings I’m sure the WiFi was the best. We got BG4 and BG3 using the work phone on WiFi on older app. We had everyone set up and hit select all. We also tried data on these days on the new phones and this was slower.

We tried again yesterday but only 3 of us in the park, this time we couldn’t hit select all but pick the 3 names instead. Same work phone and slight delaying from selecting individual names got BG25.
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andali
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by NeeNeeWong View Post
We tried 4 times. First day was Presidents’ Day and data was the winner, BG 61. We were over by Indiana jones. We used iPhone X on these days. After this we used my work phone too, we kept this on WiFi. We had the old version of the app, before the update 2 weeks ago. We stood at the meet doc mcstuffins (I think that’s her name). Because of all the buildings I’m sure the WiFi was the best. We got BG4 and BG3 using the work phone on WiFi on older app. We had everyone set up and hit select all. We also tried data on these days on the new phones and this was slower.

We tried again yesterday but only 3 of us in the park, this time we couldn’t hit select all but pick the 3 names instead. Same work phone and slight delaying from selecting individual names got BG25.
Thanks for the advice and well done on getting on the ride. Gives us hope!
Andali is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Gonna sound daft here but as we are a larger group (9 in total) will this make it harder to get a BP ?

Also do you have to book through MDE ?
So far I only have one set up for me ☺️ X
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Gonna sound daft here but as we are a larger group (9 in total) will this make it harder to get a BP ?

Glad you asked. I've been wondering this too xx
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post

I don’t see why it would, although I don’t know. But if you split the group you could end up with some getting on and others not, I would keep the group together.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No idea on the coding for this but i suspect they fill a BG and once it hits a target number goes to the next BG, therefore the number in your party is irrelevent

Whereas for FP+ where it has an explicit number per availability slot a single person or 2 people, will be easier to allocate than a group of 9.

This is pure speculation on my part, ofc it could be reusing the fp+ coding in which smaller groups are better, but as an IT professional i doubt it.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

WiFi was better if you are in a shop for some reason. This is what we found this trip. On the street outside it kept dropping off but as soon as we stepped inside it stayed in and was a strong signal.thoughout.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

There was 6 of us on 2 bookings. We linked out MDE accounts together. Fastest way to do it is if you are all linked beforehand and all scan in before 8. Then you can hit the select all button at the top. Saves you having to individually select people. We saw a lot of American families that had obviously linked up before, but as there were only some of them in the park they had to scroll through and tick who was in.

So if you are all happy being linked and you are all planning on going in on the same day I would link prior to going to make it quicker and easier. I think this is why a lot of the time we got low BG.
Old 1 Mar 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not sure you mean by linking everyone up? It’s just me and dd and we’re on each other’s MDE for dining reservations etc. Is that what you mean?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Not sure you mean by linking everyone up? It’s just me and dd and we’re on each other’s MDE for dining reservations etc. Is that what you mean?
For you and your dd its fine. I was meant to hit quote on the person who asked about the group of 9 people.