Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Mar 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JSug1979
New Poster (2)

Making the best of 3 days at Disney Florida with 6 year old

Hello,
We have a short trip to disney world next month, 2 adults and a 6 year old girl.
We have a 3 day pass for the parks, and we need advice on getting the best out of this for our little girl.
We are aware we can book fast pass + 30 days in advance so we just need know which rides to choose for this. It seems like a mind field!
JSug1979 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Which parks are you thinking of and how does your DD feel about coaster rides that I would like to The Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers?

If she's okay with rides (and check height restrictions and rules re Ride Tiers and GO restrictions) I'd suggest prioritising:

MK: 7DMT, BTMR and PP. You could also consider Buzz Lightyear space ranger spin and TLS.

AK: FOP, KS and Dinosaur

DHS: SDD, Star Tours or maybe MFSR or MMSR

Epcot: Frozen (boring ride but girls love the theme i hear tell!), Soaring and TT (Epcot has tiers so you wouldn't be able to book FPs for all these)

You could check out rides on You Tube to get an idea of what your DD would like. Happy planning.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JSug1979
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Hello, sorry I’m not familiar with any of these abbreviations/ code words 😣
JSug1979 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
MK: 7DMT, BTMR and PP. You could also consider Buzz Lightyear space ranger spin and TLS in non DIBB speak is Magic Kingdom: 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain Railway, Peter Pan and Test Track.

AK: FOP, KS and Dinosaur - Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage and Kilmanjaro Safari.

DHS: SDD, Star Tours or maybe MFSR or MMSR - DIsney Hollywood Studios: Slinky Dog Dash, Millenium Falson Smugglers Ride.

Epcot: Frozen (boring ride but girls love the theme i hear tell!), Soaring and TT (Epcot has tiers so you wouldn't be able to book FPs for all these) - Test Track.

Hope this helps but you will soon learn the various abbreviations used

If you click on DIBB Guidebook at the top of the page and then on DIsney Parks you will get a detailed decription of the rides in each park which may help you decie on a list of "must do's" for each. Are the 3 day passes hoppers or are you restricted to 3 parks only out of the four ? If you can only visit 3 parks then I personally would drop Epcot with a 6 year old as under a lot of construction and concentrate on the kid appropriate rides and shows in the other parks. If the tickets are hoppers and she has the stamina you could start in one park and then hop to another. Whatever you decide you will have a fantastic time.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Ok first up, how tall is your daughter?
What’s her favourite things? Animals? Princesses? frozen or Pixar films?
Does she like Star Wars?
Does she like rollercoasters?
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I agree with Mel49 to drop epcot unless she really must ride the frozen ride (which i didn’t think was that great anyway)
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
With a average 6 year old you can get on most rides- there will be a few 48 inch rides- how adventurous is she? My 6 year old would get on anything
I would spend a day at Mk, AK and HS- If you have park hoppers you may decide to bounce to Epcot or more likely back to MK. You might decide you want 2 days in MK and drop HS. HS is a must if you any of you are a star wars fans. But with only 3 days Magic Kingdom would be my priority with a 6 year old.
At 30 days you may not get fast passes for some ride in particular- Snow white's mine train in Magic kingdom, slinky dog/smugglers run and mickey runaway mine train in Hollywood Studios

Magic Kingdom I would try to get Snow White mine train, Peter Pan- and then choose between Big thunder. splash. space and Enchanted tales with Belle- maybe Haunted mansion, princess or Mickey meet and greats or Buzz
Hollywood studios I would try for Slinky dog or any Tier 1- then Toy Story Mania and choose between Aliens saucer, Tower or Terror and Rock n Roller coaster
Animal Kingdom- Flight or passage if you can- Navi if not, Safari and then choose between Everest (48 inches), Kali River and Dinosaur

The reason for the suggests are based on likely wait time in the park but only fast pass I ride that appeals
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

Have a look at how much 2 nights are in one of the All Star or Value resorts for a bit of extra magic if your doing 3 days back to back. Plus you'd get 60 days Fastpass not 30 days. With the on site resorts you can use their transport and the extra bit of Disney theme and magic if within Budget. (remember you'd have to pay for parking in the parks around $25 a day or $15 if staying on site but free within the parks.)
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List