Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Mar 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Only read first page of posts but it is possible to have the phone line not working but the broadband OK- this has happened to me. In this case BT redirected all incoming calls to a mobile at no extra cost to us.

I would rather be without a house phone than broadband any day
Calls aren’t redirected, I didn’t realise that was possible.

Definitely wouldn’t want to be without broadband, we’d probably kill each other 😱

Tbh I wouldn’t normally be too bothered about the house phone but we have elderly vulnerable relatives close by that call us on the land line, we’ve let them know the phones down so not too big an issue but my aunts mobile is playing up and she’s unable to text or call out only receive, so she’s using her landline and I don’t want her to incur extra costs having to call our mobiles. Hopefully her mobile will be operating normally soon, she was told 72 hours to fix on Thursday.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Earth contact fault ... usually fixed within 2 working days. Might take a little longer in current circumstances but it’s not a complicated type of fault.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Earth contact fault ... usually fixed within 2 working days. Might take a little longer in current circumstances but it’s not a complicated type of fault.
Thanks, they said 3-5 days.

I was really torn with trying to find out myself if the fault was with my phone which meant going out to get a phone or phoning and holding up their call centre when others have a greater need.

Thanks for your advice, I was on the phone less than 5 minutes and the engineer was booked so all sorted very quickly.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List