Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 May 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smallgingerone
Earning More Ears

Dining plan and split stay

Having cancelled our 2020 booking we are looking to rebook for 2021 an we are wondering if we can do things slightly differently.

Our plan for this year had been 3 week with DDP based at POFQ, one week of that would have been spent with a hire car to do Universal, KSC, and a few other off site places.

We are now wondering if it is possible to do 1 week on site, 1 off and then the last week back on site with 21 day tickets

Ideally the two weeks on site would have a DDP, but from what I have read it seems as though we can not have the DDP for the last part as we will not be buying tickets with that hotel booking.

Is this correct? Is there anyway we can manage this?

Also if you do a split stay with 21 day tickets can you do FP at 60+14 for the second part of the stay?

Thank you!
smallgingerone is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smallgingerone View Post
We are now wondering if it is possible to do 1 week on site, 1 off and then the last week back on site with 21 day tickets

Ideally the two weeks on site would have a DDP, but from what I have read it seems as though we can not have the DDP for the last part as we will not be buying tickets with that hotel booking.

Is this correct? Is there anyway we can manage this?
The only way would be 7 off site followed by 14 onsite or vice versa.

Also if you do a split stay with 21 day tickets can you do FP at 60+14 for the second part of the stay?

Thank you!
Yes, MDE will recognise you have valid tickets for an onsite stay so 60 day FP's will be possible.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Buying tickets is part of the package to get free dining so yes, you would need to buy two lots of tickets to do it that way.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smallgingerone
Earning More Ears

Thanks both, that is what I thought. Will have to have a re-think of plans.

Do you happen to know if you can buy room only for first period of days and then room plus tickets & DDP for second lot of days and start using the tickets from the first period?

Our booking this year stated that our tickets were available for use from our first night and they would be linked to magic bands that we are not due to have until the 3rd week.
smallgingerone is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Do you happen to know if you can buy room only for first period of days and then room plus tickets & DDP for second lot of days and start using the tickets from the first period?

Our booking this year stated that our tickets were available for use from our first night and they would be linked to magic bands that we are not due to have until the 3rd week.
There have been previous threads were people have successfully picked up tickets 'a few days early' but I don't think 2 weeks early is possible. Check though, not something I've ever done.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Generally the tickets are not valid until the free dining stay and you wouldn’t be able to book FP for the first stay in advance. Some people have reported getting access to the tickets early but it’s not a given so I wouldn’t count on it. You’d be better doing it the other way round.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post

Yes, MDE will recognise you have valid tickets for an onsite stay so 60 day FP's will be possible.
I was sure that was the case too, however unfortunately it is not. There was a thread about onsite offsite back onsite stays just before it was my fastpass day and I confidently stated on that thread that MDE should recognise the second onsite stay. The thread starter said that it did not and was querying it.

Anyway in April I had 14 day tickets, 11 nights onsite, 2 nights offsite and then back onsite. I was not able to book FP+ at 60 days for my second onsite stay. Perhaps if I had rung they would have done it for me, but MDE was unable to cope with the scenario by itself. I didn’t get round to ringing and decided to see if the days opened up at 30 days, but in view of what happened, it was all cancelled before I got to 30 days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I was sure that was the case too, however unfortunately it is not. There was a thread about onsite offsite back onsite stays just before it was my fastpass day and I confidently stated on that thread that MDE should recognise the second onsite stay. The thread starter said that it did not and was querying it.

Anyway in April I had 14 day tickets, 11 nights onsite, 2 nights offsite and then back onsite. I was not able to book FP+ at 60 days for my second onsite stay. Perhaps if I had rung they would have done it for me, but MDE was unable to cope with the scenario by itself. I didn’t get round to ringing and decided to see if the days opened up at 30 days, but in view of what happened, it was all cancelled before I got to 30 days.
Ah right, thanks for the correction Claudette, I was sure I had done it but that was back in Jan 19 when we did GF/HRH/BWI. I'll have to watch out for it and call nearer the time - I'm planning something similar for Xmas/NY.
Old 31 May 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You used to be able to pick up tickets earlier than your hotel stay began. This changed. Very specifically changed and if you book and look at your tickets on MDE it tells you the valid from and to date. The valid from will be your hotel check in date. I lose track of time but think this happened a couple of years ago. It was a loophole. They closed it.