Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We did it all the first time we went, and also fitted in a trip to
KSC, but we came back absolutely exhausted and haven’t attempted it since! We now either focus on Disney or Universal and have much more time for relaxation and actually enjoy our holiday. It’s also too expensive to have tickets for everything so we decide what our focus will be and take things from there.
Old 24 May 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I suppose I'd be called a 'Disney newbie' as only been three times. Year 1 everyday was a park or water park, hardly any time in the villa - Disney and Universal but very exciting and exhausting. Year 2 still did both parks but spaced out much better with 'off' days villa and shopping. Year 3 even better planned - we are not a get up and go family, so decided to go the parks late mornings except for the water parks which need you to be there as they open to get a nice shady spot. Sometimes stayed for the fireworks sometimes not. For us, we did all we wanted in our 17 nights, but I expect their are still things we havn't yet seen or done. Maybe 2021?
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I don’t try and do both Disney and Universal in a two week trip anymore. But I have done several times. I’ve reached the conclusion it’s just not relaxing enough because I just want to ‘do it all’ when we are there. Me and my daughter are major park stormers! So now we do Disney and every few years we do Universal as well as add four days on. We have a couple of 10 night just Disney trips and have found those great fun but that’s when it’s just be and my daughter and we don’t shop or do water parks. I think the tickets are too expensive to try to do it all in two weeks. But I think this is a very ‘what do you like’ question. I’ve been to WDW 11 times now and can still happily fill two weeks there. I could never occupy myself in the Universal parks for more than 4 days though. But I prefer the Universal hotels so with shopping and relaxing a great week can be had there for me too. We haven’t done Sea World or Discovery Cove for over a decade as it plays too badly on my conscience but we have done them historically. We love the Sea World coasters but have become uncomfortable with the animal exhibits.
Thanks for all your responses the above sums our situation up - like a lot or people we are “seasoned visitors” and 10-20 years ago with less parks less people and more energy it was doable. We have told the kids/young adults if they want to do universal then they can go on their own (we will get them park hopper and FP tickets) whilst the good lady and myself will bumble around Epcot sampling various foods and beer
Old 24 May 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Would be either Disney or universal for us
Too much to squeeze in and too costly
Y to do both
Old 24 May 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

Last time we went in 2017 it was just for 10 nights. We managed to do all Disney, 2 days in Universal and a day at KSC. We staggered days so would maybe get to MK for 10am then stay until 3/4pm then head back to villa and chill for a few hours. Then go back in evening to see firework shows or eat out.

Just don't overdo it, its almost impossible to be in parks for 12hrs+ everyday with heat and exhaustion.

Next year its 14 days but I think we are skipping Universal and might consider Seaworld this time.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We do all of them stay onsite universal.
Use busy day guide from Dibb plan all the park disney/universal/seaworld/dc. And then just travel between the parks based on that and we love it and doe everything.
We even dropped in Kennedy and wild Florida in separate trips.
Staying at US helps as express pass means you can get on everything even in main two weeks also you can pop in the park when you come back from another.
It just needed good planning.
I have to say we do hit the parks hard but that is what we have paid for an why we are there.
To be honest no matter how long you go for it''s never enough.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

We either do Disney and universal or just universal (if it's a HHN Trip) we always just split stay between resorts
Side note HRH is our fave and we always stay here 😉
Old 25 May 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Personally I really wouldnt cram it all into 2 weeks, its alot of money. We tend to either do Universal & seaworld parks or Disney - gone are the days of us doing them all in one holiday and we go for 3/4 weeks. Not so keen on Seaworld parks now though, however did them last time as got DC tkts with other parks incl.
If I had 2 weeks I would stick with Disney and maybe have some shopping/ other activity days (ie airboat) also love Disney mini golf
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 05:52 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

You can sleep when you're dead
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We do roughly the following.

Day 1 - Animal Kingdom - early start
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Seaworld
Day 4 - Epcot
Day 5 - Universal
Day 6 - Chill day shopping - wander round celebration
Day 7 - Holywood Studios
Day 7 - Busch Gardens
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom - Evening Only
Day 9 - Universal
Day 10 - Epcot - Evening only
Day 11 - Holywood Studios - Evening only
Day 12 - MNSSHP
Day 13 - Anything we have missed or want to do again
Day 14 - Disney Springs before heading to the airport

So we basically hit the parks early the first week, but the second week we go later in the afternoon or evening. We still have lots of time round the pool and eating out. We have a must do list of rides that we just have to do then everything else is a bonus.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List