Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Mar 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
OP are any of your hotels in the Hilton group? This article explains that you can cancel non-cancellable rates and get most of your money back. But hope you don't have to.

headforpoints/2020/0...ble-in-the-us/
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
OP are any of your hotels in the Hilton group? This article explains that you can cancel non-cancellable rates and get most of your money back. But hope you don't have to.

headforpoints/2020/0...ble-in-the-us/
Unfortunately not, but that will be very informative for others..

1. Columbus City Motor Inn for 3 nights. No fee to cancel.

2. Portolo in Monterey for 2 nights. No fee to cancel.

3. Madonna Inn at S L Obispo for 3 nights. No fee to cancel

4. Staybridge Suites at Renton for 1 night. Will lose
Everything (£135).. All though Marriott are apparently refunding.

5. My Ex Army friend Bill in Vancouver. He comes cheap!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I too hope you have a very enjoyable (if not exactly as planned!) holiday. To be honest, with your attitude I’m sure you will!
Old 11 Mar 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi Cornishfrogboy!
We’re here at the moment. Arrived into SFO on Saturday, stayed there overnight, stayed 2 nights in Monterey and now we’re in Cambria.

The truth is, if I wasn’t watching the news or aware of what was happening, I’d have no idea about it. Everywhere seems to be business as usual. There are no signs, no masks, there’s lots of toilet paper (!), and we haven’t really heard many people even talking about it.

We still have 10 days to go so things could all change, but at the moment it’s not affected our trip at all. Fingers crossed it stays that way for you. We’re very much of the same opinion as you - we’ll do what we can and we know we’ll still have a great time!
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Hi Cornishfrogboy!
We’re here at the moment. Arrived into SFO on Saturday, stayed there overnight, stayed 2 nights in Monterey and now we’re in Cambria.

The truth is, if I wasn’t watching the news or aware of what was happening, I’d have no idea about it. Everywhere seems to be business as usual. There are no signs, no masks, there’s lots of toilet paper (!), and we haven’t really heard many people even talking about it.

We still have 10 days to go so things could all change, but at the moment it’s not affected our trip at all. Fingers crossed it stays that way for you. We’re very much of the same opinion as you - we’ll do what we can and we know we’ll still have a great time!
That is great news... and hopefully it will stay that way. I would be really grateful if you could update me of any changes over the days..

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That is great news... and hopefully it will stay that way. I would be really grateful if you could update me of any changes over the days..

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
Thank you, and of course I will
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

When I was cancelled by Christian (the Ghost Hunter) who has reimbursed my money and given me a code that entitles me to book again for free at any time in the future... I asked him a few questions.

Christian sent me a lengthy reply and it is as follows...

Thank you so much for your understanding David. I have not heard of anything closing along Fisherman's Wharf or Pier 39. In fact they might appreciate the patronage right about now. So far, Alcatraz looks like it's still running but jump on this tickets quickly they do sell out: alcatrazislandtickets.co...SAAEgIHAfD_BwE I wasn't aware of a ban on the Embarcadero but that probably applies to the cruiseships not necessarily just walking down and Embacardero. The city of San Francisco has highly recommended closing large events for two weeks but the streets as far as I know are probably fine and again, the businesses there would probably appreciate the your presence. You'll have to check with your hotel but again, I'm guessing they're very happy to have you.

So many tourists and conventions have cancelled their plans so SF is taking a big hit. I fortunately am able to recoup lost income but that requires closing up shop while you are here. Otherwise, please do come, enjoy, eat, play! The upside is that you may get to see SF in a new way others don't get to see. Example, enjoy walking up Columbus, away from the wharf and explore all the little side streets. As you get to the busier end of Columbus you'll find more side streets with unique little shops, restaurants, etc. The Saloon is one of the oldest bars in the city dating back to the Gold Rush and every manner of old rocker played there back in the 60s and 70s. Also check out City Lights books, get a drink a Vesuvios or Specs. Brave Chinatown along Stockton street around Noon (not the touristy Grant street) to feel like you are in another world. Don't worry you can't COVID from Chinatown

All of that is within walking distance of your hotel =)
Have fun! Christian C*****l

I found this heartening, information packed and hopefully, reassuring. It also corroborates the viewpoint of DIBBER Kateb78. It is nice to find a business (SF Ghost hunt Tours ) that takes this much trouble!

Edited at 08:29 PM.
Old 12 Mar 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Stockton street in China Town is amazing we walked along it 2weeks ago around lunch time it was heaving had some fantastic street food and bought some of my favorite dragon fruit and some other fruit we had when we were in china and HK don't know what it was called but it's amazing
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are due to go on the 2nd April!

Same story in that if all stays the same we will be going as won’t get flights refunded unless the FCO say no travel.

We only have one hotel that was prepaid with no refund in San Francisco but the rest can all be cancelled in time as we will know by the 2nd if we are going or not.

We had held off booking Disneyland / Universal tickets but have an Alcatraz reservation, whale watching booked in Monterey and to see the space shuttle in LA.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
Not being funny but shouldn’t you remove the promo code in case someone else tries to use it?
Thankyou for that... suitably deleted. It would have been a shame to undermine Christian’s business after the assistance that he has given me.