Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Aww thanks you chaps. Well what a total emotional rollercoaster. Sunday they were talking about discharging her as one surgeon thought the risk of covid was too high and she did two tiny trumps. He wanted to get her back in 2-3 weeks and operate then😬 Not a good idea knowing how ill she is and the peak predicted then. A quick message panicked to her consultant and another surgeon saw her. She also had an abscess at the site of the stricture. She went down for surgery at 8.30 took me until 4pm to find out what they had done. Longest day of my life. Shes had a resection no stoma. Managed to talk to her this morning shes very tired and in quite a lot of pain. Her pain pump is down but shes had some liquid morphine. They are pushing to get her home tomorrow or thursday. Thanks for thinking of us, she a little trooper.x
Thanks for the update. I know from experience the next few weeks will be painful but manageable.

Thinking of you both x

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Cant wait to give her the biggest and most gentle hug.x
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So pleased the op went well.
I bet you can’t wait to get her home and spoil her rotten xx

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Sending lots of love to both Olivia and mum. It must have been torture waiting for news. I hope she is home very soon and makes a very quick recovery.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Good news that the operation is out of the way, it must have been such a stressful day for you. I hope she’s home soon for you to spoil while recovering xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great news, glad it went ahead and it sounds like it went well too if they managed to do a resection. Not long now and you’ll be able to give her that (gentle) hug xx
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh thats Excellent news. Fingers crossed for her getting home asap. Please tell her how proud all us DIBBers are of her & wishing her everything good imaginable. More PD & virtual gentle hugs to both of you.
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Wishing your dd all the best, hope she gets home to you as soon as possible. Xx
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That all sounds very positive. Presumably she is delighted with resection approach. Wishing her all the very best for a speedy recovery.

Your background is very much in her favour for her recouperating at home.

Must have felt like a very very long day for you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

She messaged me earlier to say one of my mums friends is looking after her and my friend messaged me to say she held her hand when she went to theatre. Made me blub my eyes out. X