Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 May 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Inflatable bed

Hi, there will be 5 of us on a west coast trip next year, I will be trying to book mostly suites but a few hotels will be the standard double room with 2 double beds, rather than paying for rollaway beds I thought of taking an inflatable for my DD11, anyone done this or will I be able to buy something decent in Walmart when we are there?
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi, there will be 5 of us on a west coast trip next year, I will be trying to book mostly suites but a few hotels will be the standard double room with 2 double beds, rather than paying for rollaway beds I thought of taking an inflatable for my DD11, anyone done this or will I be able to buy something decent in Walmart when we are there?
We've done this a few times. It folds down small when not needed or moving places as we did.

We took a small electric pump with us which we've had for years and took literally seconds to blow up.

Make sure you inform the hotel you don't require the rollaway bed as they may charge you. We always asked housekeeping for some sheets and pillows which was never a problem. Saved a small fortune tbh.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
We've done this a few times. It folds down small when not needed or moving places as we did.

We took a small electric pump with us which we've had for years and took literally seconds to blow up.

Make sure you inform the hotel you don't require the rollaway bed as they may charge you. We always asked housekeeping for some sheets and pillows which was never a problem. Saved a small fortune tbh.
Thanks for reply and reminder to inform hotel, did you just by one of the cheap camping type beds?Ive seen the all in one types with a cover on but it might be a bit bulky to fit in a case
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi had a quick look at Walmart single air bed from $20 dollars including tax
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi had a quick look at Walmart single air bed from $20 dollars including tax
Thanks so much for that, probably just buy one over there then😀
Old 22 May 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Thanks so much for that, probably just buy one over there then😀
We had one from camping trips from previous so took that but as JDouds said there are loads in Walmart. They are cheap enough to leave there too.

You can also get cheap small hand pumps there which are great and also useful for rings if you venture to state parks etc.

We use the air bed with seperate sheets type as its so warm over there and more comfy. Easier to change and get sheets washed too.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
We had one from camping trips from previous so took that but as JDouds said there are loads in Walmart. They are cheap enough to leave there too.

You can also get cheap small hand pumps there which are great and also useful for rings if you venture to state parks etc.

We use the air bed with seperate sheets type as its so warm over there and more comfy. Easier to change and get sheets washed too.
Thanks I think I will definitely wait till we get there
Old 23 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

this is what we are thinking of doing. we stay at the clarion inn, lake buena vista. i refuse to pay for an extra room. 5 of us. me and my husband are normally in 1 bed and the 3 kids in the other. my kids will be too big next time to share though as they will be 7, 10 & 15 so my plan was to take an airbed. i actually thought of a lilo as theyre cheaper
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Bought a ASDA £10 camping bed 2 years on the run. 3 females nan, mum and daughter. Took a fitted sheet with IOU’s an mousekeeping left us clean bedding and pillows. Daughter 15 loved it as she was plugged in the the wall socket for her phone and iPad, must say great investment. Left it and the foot pump in The laundry Room before leaving, Went to breakfast popped into the laundry when we were finished and it had been taken, so happy when something is reused.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MTEC View Post
this is what we are thinking of doing. we stay at the clarion inn, lake buena vista. i refuse to pay for an extra room. 5 of us. me and my husband are normally in 1 bed and the 3 kids in the other. my kids will be too big next time to share though as they will be 7, 10 & 15 so my plan was to take an airbed. i actually thought of a lilo as theyre cheaper
Only thing with a lilo is they can be very noisy compared to an airbed we found when our daughter made the slightest movement through the night.