Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 May 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

YC / BC water view .. is it worth it ?

Hi guys
So I've changed my flights and hard rock booking to next year but I'm wondering if it's worth changing our Disney booking to water view ?
We are currently at beach club with garden view and I was going to give it a bit longer with the hope of free dining 🤞🏻 .. but when we do come to rebook do you think it's worth going water view ?
Also I have read that YC all have balconies whereas BC don't all have them .. my parents would prob prefer a balcony so do you think it's worth changing ?
We are 8 adults and 1 x 15 so no little ones
My mum finds it hard to stand in a shower therefore do either have shower seats or baths ? Also she will be getting a scooter as since her stroke she can't walk more than a few steps without getting tired out, so room space could be important xx

Any advice would be fab xxx

Edited at 04:34 PM.
JediMuM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Room space is the same in garden or water view. It's worth going on touringplans.com as you can check out the view from each room. Last time we had a garden view at BC, we were ground floor which would be perfect for a scooter as they have charging points in the corridors. We had a tiny terrace with chair and table but to be honest we didn't use it and once we saw a snake outside that was us inside!
We have booked water view YC at present and are considering downgrading to a garden view once they are released, IF they are released. The garden view look fine but the standard view look terrible.
Unless you are planning to stay in your room and watch the view then you can easily save some money.
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks Hun .. the ground floor ones sound pretty good (although scared stiff of all creepy crawly lol)
My parents have never been so we have no idea what it's like with a scooter and there's so many things I forget that might be hard for her ☺️ Xx
Old 22 May 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've had 5 water view (one at YC, 5 at BC) and the last ones have been garden/woods view (BC) + a pool view at BCV.
4 have been ground floor, and the rest upper floors. We wont pay for water view again as the rooms are exactly the same size - although at BC there are lots of different 'shaped' rooms, and most have nice outlooks. Last time we got an upper floor woods view and we could see the fireworks in Epcot from the balcony.
We've always had a full balcony in the upper rooms, and the ground floor patios are big enough for 2 chairs and a small table (we've never had creepies in but once had a duck ) If you look at photos of BC you can see which floors have full balconies and could request one, but we always ask at check in if we have one, and (it's only happened once) ask for a different room as a balcony is one of 'must haves'.
The rooms all have very low baths with over bath showers - no seat and she would have difficulty sitting down as they really are very low. There are some accessible rooms.
There is a lovely area to request on ground floor - it's only literally a minute to the BC Marketplace but is very quiet for both water view and garden view. We've had 3 rooms in that area and it's our favourite.
There are pics of rooms in my trip reports.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 05:18 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

I would save the money and do garden/woods view. We have always booked this option, once BC and got ground floor which i agree could be ideal for you.3 times YC,once we got pixie dust sprinkled and had a Lagoon View, the other times we had a partial view of the lagoon over to Boardwalk. If you specifically have something in mind you can contact the hotel direct and request what is important to you ie ground floor or full balcony etc about 10 days before departure.They will always try and accommodate.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

My first experience of a water view room was in the mansions section of Port Orleans Riverside and it was beautiful looking out on to the river. Next time was again at POR but this time was a savannah room looking out on the 'quiet' pool and it was rubbish. The pot luck nature of what your water view will be is what now puts me off paying the not inconsiderable extra $$$ for those rooms.

With regards balconies I don't know what month you are going but if you are going in July I wouldn't prioritise that too much. We had a garden view room at the Beach Club one year that had a balcony that ran the whole length of the room and were so hyped when we saw it. That soon changed when we realised the only time we could sit out on it for more than five minutes was after 9pm at night!
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks guys .. I think we may stick with the garden view and the extra $$ will always get spent somewhere else 😉
I've never considered asking for a ground floor room as we normally like to stay as high up as possible but it may be a better option as my mum isnt 100% happy with lifts (she only started going in them after being in the hospital post stroke) 🤔 yeah she is such an anxious person it's unbelievable but I'm so proud of her coming with us as xx
Old 23 May 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

When we stayed at YC we were given a water view room and I enjoyed sitting out there in the mornin with my tea. But I wouldn’t pay £70 a night extra or whatever it usually is for a view. I might pay up to £20 a night more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say no unless the price difference is quite small.

We ended up at the YC once because of a problem at the DVC unit we had, and we spent a wonderful week there in a lake view room. But I don’t think I would have paid a lot more for it as we didn’t really spend much time on the balcony.
Old 23 May 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I stayed at BC last September, in a Garden View, and here's a picture of the view from my balcony which in my opinion was equally as good as some water view rooms so my opinion is it isn't necessary to pay extra for the Water View as you can still get some great views:

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List