Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

when will flight prices come down?

We are still struggling to get any money back from KLM from our cancelled flight so might be left with the only option of a travel voucher (we are trying through section 75 so fingers crossed we don't get lumbered with the voucher).

I've been looking at flights for 2nd April 21 (we booked exactly a year ago today for 3rd April 2020) and the prices are really high. Klm quoted us 1100 pp with 1 stop! when the total tavel voucher will be for 1700 for 4 people! I know that this year won't follow the usual trend with price fluctuations but when are we thinking these prices are going to come down to something more affordable? Defintely not going to be paying 4400 for 1 stop flights and no bags!
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Trouble is next year April 2nd is Good Friday, that is Easter weekend and usually very busy, that might be why prices are so high.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
coola
Excited about Disney

I think prices will just keep going up.
We were originally going in April, had our refund from BA.
We rebooked to go at Christmas in April, and today our package is almost £1800
more than what we have paid, the price we got for Christmas was exactly what we were paying in April...
coola is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I can’t see prices going to ore Covid 19 levels, as most airlines have reduced the amount of seats available, they gave retired their larger aircraft, but their fixed costs will still be there.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

it just doesn't feel fair to be offered a travel voucher that will only cover one of us to go. BAs price for 4 of us is 2500 which is better but I can't book with BA as the travel voucher is for KLM
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
it just doesn't feel fair to be offered a travel voucher that will only cover one of us to go. BAs price for 4 of us is 2500 which is better but I can't book with BA as the travel voucher is for KLM
Can you go different dates? You weren’t going at Easter this year but as mentioned you have picked Easter dates for 2021 which is naturally going to be more expensive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

I can’t see the prices going down at all. There will (potentially) be huge demand for next year from all those who couldn’t or decided not to go this year plus being the Disney 50th anniversary celebrations year it will be attracting even more interest 😕
The question is will people take the plunge? Those that have the money will book regardless of cost, others will book “on tick” i.e. a credit card and worry about payments later, plus using a credit card will provide the comfort blanket for any disruptions, so again I think a lot will just think ‘stuff it’ and book anyway.
On this basis I think prices will remain high due to demand 😕

However to contradict myself airlines may offer cracking deals to get bums on seats but I think this unlikely for Orlando.

Edited at 07:42 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

We are restricted to the easter holidays and the schools break up on the 1st (this year they finishished on the 3rd). In 2018 I flew on easter sunday and the price was around 1800 for the 4 of us. It is frustrating because we can't get refunds on our park tickets so if we dont go we lose a 1700 anyway. I expect a rise but a 2700 rise is extortionate. I think if it doesnt come down from 4400 we'll have to forgo the park tickets. Changing dates could be an option I guess but my eldest is starting high school so dont really want to be taking her out for more than a few days x
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 26 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
We are restricted to the easter holidays and the schools break up on the 1st (this year they finishished on the 3rd). In 2018 I flew on easter sunday and the price was around 1800 for the 4 of us. It is frustrating because we can't get refunds on our park tickets so if we dont go we lose a 1700 anyway. I expect a rise but a 2700 rise is extortionate. I think if it doesnt come down from 4400 we'll have to forgo the park tickets. Changing dates could be an option I guess but my eldest is starting high school so dont really want to be taking her out for more than a few days x
😱 There’s no refund or chance to move the Disney tickets? (Apologies if I’ve missed this in previous posts) That’s really bad considering what’s been going on.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
😱 There’s no refund or chance to move the Disney tickets? (Apologies if I’ve missed this in previous posts) That’s really bad considering what’s been going on.

No, the disney tickets are extended to september 21 and the airline are refusing to refund just a travel voucher and as expected they are quoting an extortionate amount for new flights. We have already lost money on the holiday (they cancelled 2 weeks before we were due to leave) . I could try a later date up until September but we re still restricted to school hols so I expect it'll be much the same price wise x
NY and WDW March 2024