Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Aug 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Beautiful wedding photos, your dress is absolutely gorgeous. Did you buy it over here?

Great food pictures too. We've never been to Seasons 52 but friends of ours are big fans. It does look pretty good and those desserts looked divine.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your wedding pictures are beautiful, I love your dress and your hair and veil are just perfect.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Beautiful wedding photos, your dress is absolutely gorgeous. Did you buy it over here?

Great food pictures too. We've never been to Seasons 52 but friends of ours are big fans. It does look pretty good and those desserts looked divine.
Thank you 😊 yes bought it here at a local wedding shop and took it as hand luggage 😊

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your wedding pictures are beautiful, I love your dress and your hair and veil are just perfect.
Ahhh thank you so much 😊

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 5

Today we were at Disney Springs before spending the evening at Epcot to watch Illuminations & for our ADR at Coral Reef.

I had originally planned to have breakfast at Wolfgang Puck but Scott didn’t seem keen after looking at the menu (no idea why? ) he wanted to go to Earl of Sandwich, so we compromised and went with his choice

We both had the Ham, Egg & Cheddar breakfast hot sandwich and as the dining plan also entitled us to a snack on the side, I also had a cinnamon roll while Scott went for a Chocolate chip cookie. Drinks were a chocolate milk and orange juice. All this was 2 QS credits which I thought was quite good, we were really enjoying being on the DDP.

It was all okay but I prefer the normal sandwiches to the breakfast ones, I still would have preferred WGP!

After a bit of shopping, a snack credit was then used on the best Starbucks drink ever...

We then headed to Epcot & used a couple of fastpasses and had a wonder around World Showcase to look at the Flower & Garden food booths. To keep us going before our ADR, we used a snack credit at the American pavilion and had a ‘Beef brisket burnt ends & pork belly slider’ which was AMAZING!

We found it really difficult picking restaurants in Epcot because there are so many! But I’d heard really good reviews about Coral Reef so was really looking forward to it.

There was a bit of a wait for our table and the reception area here was extremely busy & loud but not a massive problem. We were eventually seated on the raised level further back (not sure how to describe this? Lol) We still had a decent view of the Fish though, such a cool restaurant.

I distinctly remember how excellent the server was here, she didn’t do anything special as such but was so cheerful and helpful without being too much.

For entrees I went for the Lobster Mac & Cheese which was sooo good, really big pieces of Lobster and lots of it. Scott chose the Sirloin which he said was nice but it wasn’t his best steak in Orlando (nothing beats Longhorns!)

& for dessert, the famous Turtle Cheesecake for me & Scott had The Chocolate Wave. These were both nice but nothing special.

Overall I’d say Coral reef was good just not our favourite, we probably wouldn’t go back just because we would like to try other places onsite instead. I was a much bigger fan that Scott though, but if you haven’t already guessed he’s quite hard to please

Thanks for reading!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations!
You look amazing

We’re big Seasons 52 fans. We only have 3 nights offsite for the Orlando leg of our trip and DS has insisted Seasons has to be in there!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
All your wedding photos looked beautiful. It sounds like you had a great time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 6

Today we were spending the day at the resort before going to Hollywood studios for our 50s Prime Time ADR & to watch Fantasmic. I’m a sun worshiper so I was really looking forward to relaxing around the pool. Well, if any of you went in May this year you will know how SHOCKING the weather was so I was not best pleased to be greeted with a grey sky as we walked out of our door that morning 🙃🙃
Anyway, breakfast was a QS credit each at the pepper market. I had the famous Mickey waffles & bacon while Scott had a ham & cheese omlette. As we were using our refillable mugs we swapped the ‘drink’ for a toasted bagel each 😋.

We really liked the pepper market and thought it had a really good variety for breakfast, sadly we never went there for dinner or tea.

Now full to the brim we waddled back over to the main pool for some ‘sun’ bathing, which resulted in me getting a bit stroppy and telling Scott we may as well leave as what’s the point in sunbathing with no sun 😂

No food was consumed until our ADR a bit later at 50s Prime Cafe in Hollywood Studios.

We were really looking forward to this after hearing funny stories about the servers antics. Unfortunately we didn’t get any of this 😔
Our ADR was just after 5pm and it was incredibly busy. We got herded into the bar area to wait to be called for our table (this seemed to take forever)
Eventually we were taken to our table and drinks were ordered, coke for Scott and the peanut butter milkshake for me. The milkshake was AMAZING but very filling like most milkshakes are.

The theming of the restaurant is really cute, I just love the detail that goes into everything at Disney.

We both ordered the same for our entree, ‘The sampling of Moms favourite recipes’ this included fried chicken, pot roast, mashed potatoes, meat loaf and mixed vegetables.

We both thought it was nice, though nothing special, the fried chicken was really good though and I wished I ordered just that instead of the sampler.

For dessert we both went for the ‘Dads favourite chocolate peanut butter layered cake’. I’d been warned how big this was but I still wasn’t quite prepared for just how massive this dessert really was. Safe to say we barely made a dent, though it was amazing.

This was one of our cheaper meals and came to around $80 for the both of us. It’s a shame we didn’t get any funny antics as we were really looking forward to that, didn’t see any going on around us either. We both agreed we wouldn’t go back here again, but happy we’ve done it.

That’s all for today’s eating, thanks for reading! 😊

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
Old 19 Feb 21, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MinneMouse93
Proud to wear my Ears

Oh it's really sad you didn't write the other days 😔
MinneMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List