Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Aug 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Lovely wedding photos. It looked like a beautiful day.
Old 4 Aug 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Congratulations! Lovely wedding photos and your dress is beautiful. Seasons 52 sounds delicious especially those desserts!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

You look fabulous xxx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for all your comments 😊 bit of a slow start but many food photos to come!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Beautiful wedding photos and your wedding menu sounds lovely.

The dessert shots look amazing, although I think I would've been full after your wedding cake as the flavours are right up my street!
Old 5 Aug 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 3

Today we check out of Animal kingdom Lodge, we were sad to be leaving this wonderful hotel but excited to stay at Coronado Springs and try the DDP for the first time!

Breakfast this morning was wedding cake on our balcony 😉 was really going to miss this view 😞

We chilled around the resort until check out time. Then went to Kekes for a late ‘proper’ breakfast. This was the first time we had been here but it’s highly recommended on the DIBB. We both went for the egg & cheese sandwich with sausages on the side and home fries. I didn’t really know what was coming when it said ‘home fries’ but they were amazing! It was a little bit pricier than your standard Denny’s/IHOP but I think the quality is a lot better, the food seemed really fresh and the overall setting was nicer and cleaner.

After Kekes we went to Coronado to check in and get our magic bands. We had a quick look around the resort before heading off to Animal kingdom as our first Park of the trip, this also happens to be our favourite 😄

We stopped for a snack at Starbucks and to try the famous ‘pink drink’. Annoyingly our magic band pin wasn’t working but the lovely CM sprinkled some pixie dust and gave us our snacks for free 😄 first magic moment of the holiday! The colossal cinnamon roll was soft, gooey and ginormous while the pink drink was so refreshing and in our opinion was worth the hype! We shared them both between us & would have cost us 2 snack credits.

However, something that we didn’t think lived up to it’s hype was the blueberry mousse from Satuli Canteen in Pandora. Very pretty but it didn’t taste all that.

We didn’t have an ADR booked tonight as we had a signature booked later in the holiday so needed to save the credits. We got a Ribs,Chicken & Pulled pork sampler from Flame tree bbq which I think is really good value on the dining plan as it’s 1 QS credit and good for sharing. It costs around $20 to buy this OOP. We also used a snack credit for the French fries with Pulled Pork & cheese, we’ve had these before and really like them.

We stayed to watch Rivers of Light (really struggled to stay awake during this) before heading back to CSR. Thanks for reading! Tomorrow we have an early breakfast at BOG and an evening ADR at Sanaa.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Congratulations - such beautiful wedding pictures, looked like a lovely day!
Looking forward to reading along
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Beautiful wedding photos. You got married on the same date we celebrated our silver wedding anniversary. Seasons 52 looks amazing. Think we will try it on our belated anniversary trip in March
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations on your wedding! The wedding meal looks great! What a fab idea for a small party.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 4

Today we were up early for a full day at Magic kingdom, starting with an 8am reservation at Be Our Guest. Absolutely loved walking through fantasyland with barely anyone around, if only it was like that all day!

This was our first time at Be Our Guest, we wasn’t expecting much from the food but was desperate to go just because of the experience. It really is brilliant theming inside, but was very loud and ‘school canteen’ like which ruins the effect slightly. We didn’t pre order our food so it was a bit of a wait to get in after lining up & ordering but not too much of a problem.
We were seated in the main ballroom which I was happy with as the details are just beautiful. Again, shame about the ‘school canteen’ likeness.

Scott ordered the ‘Open faced egg & bacon sandwich’ while I had the Croissant Doughnut. We were also brought the plate of mini pastry’s to share. I really enjoyed mine and just about managed a cinnamon pastry afterwards as it was really filling. Scott thought his was just okay and said he wouldn’t go back there for breakfast, I’m thinking we will try lunch next time as it is good value on the dining plan. Sorry the photos aren’t great, I blame the lighting!

After we had finished we managed to walk straight on to 7DMT which makes an early ADR here so worth it!

A few hours, rides & a parade later, we started to feel hungry so we used 2 snack credits on the BEST ice cream sundaes ever. Of course these were from the Plaza Icecream Parlor 😍. I had my usual which is the All American Sundae while Scott had the Brownie Sundae with Birthday Cake Icecream. Both just absolutely amazing. We sat in front of the Plaza eating these with a view of the castle, pure bliss 😊 Ahhh those Disney memories 😭😭

We then left MK at about 5pm to go freshen up back at CSR & get ready for our 7.30pm ADR at Sanaa. This was one of the restaurants I was most looking forward to as it gets brilliant reviews, well deserved we thought as well! We loved this meal, it’s nice to try something different to the usual Steak/Ribs we tend to go for in America. We started off with the famous bread service, not included on the dining plan but well worth the $13. For entrees we both went for the ‘Potjie’ and as we were on the DDP you can choose 3 dishes from the ‘journey’ (meat/fish dishes) and from the ‘harvest’ (rice, veg) when you usually choose 1 of each. I chose Butter Chicken, Cilantro Coconut Veg and Paneer Tika while Scott chose Butter Chicken, Aloo Masala and Braised Beef. This also comes with Rice.

We were absolutely stuffed after this, we only really had dessert as it was included. I had the ‘African Triple chocolate mousse’ and Scott went for the ‘Caramel Ndizi’. They were both nice but nothing special, whether it was because we were absolutely full to the brim I don’t know, but I can’t really remember much about either. (Also forgot to take pics, oops)
I did however take a photo of the receipt so you can see how much the meal cost for 2 adults. DDP or not we would both come back again without a doubt.

All in all, a good day of eating! 😄 thanks for reading!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC