Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Sep 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Blood stain on the wall 😬😬😬😬😬
We only discovered it behind the door the morning after. One of those moments where you can't decide whether to have a meltdown or realise that you're going Disney so screw it. We eventually decided on the latter. I think Little man may have learnt a few new words when I first discovered it though
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Desserts look really good!

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Desserts look really good!
They were. I think what made them better was we weren't expecting anything amazing.
Old 11 Sep 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great start, thanks for sharing
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh really looking forward to reading along, looks great. x
Old 11 Sep 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading along - great start 👍🏻
Old 14 Sep 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm in! Cowfish and Longhorns are two of my favourites!

A shame about the premier inn, glad they refunded and you could put it behind you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

TRAVEL DAY

Breakfast. The Curator, Heathrow terminal 3.

A 5am wakeup call beckoned. We stumbled out of bed after a poor nights sleep (We were just like in that old Disney advert where they can’t sleep “Mum says it’s magical”) to begin to journey to our happy place.

After getting downstairs and booking our Uber, we got to the airport and checked in. We would have done this online, but Lisa was subject to extra checks (I always knew there was something dodgy about her).

Once we got airside, we decided it was time to get some breakfast. After weighing up our options, we settled for The Curator.

Again this was on the pricey side, but as far as breakfasts at airports go, these again were quite good.

Lisa had the eggs benedict. She really enjoyed it and the hollandaise was spot on. I went for the full English, which again was great. It didn’t come with black pudding which is the cornerstone of a great cooked breakfast, but that heartbreaking fact aside, it was really tasty.

Little man went for pancakes with bacon. He loved these and the best thing was they came with a decent amount of maple syrup. It is one of my pet peeves when ordering pancakes in the UK that they lack a nice amount of syrup. By Nice amount, I generally mean enough to fill the average bathtub, but there is nothing worse than watching the syrup absorb into the pancake and then having no more to pour over the top.

He gave them one thumb up (which I think that equates to a 3 out of 5 ish).

Price for all of us was £35.65

Lisa's Eggs Benedict

Full English, note the lack of black pudding

Little Man's pancakes with bacon.

Plane food.

Well what can you say? It’s plane food. I always like to describe it in the words of my childhood hero Crocodile Dundee “It tastes like ≈≈≈≈≈≈, but you can eat it.”

It’s the best you can get at 10,000 feet and it helps pass the time. I had the chicken pasta with vegetables and Lisa had a mushroom gnocchi dish (we missed a photo of this culinary delight). Little man ended up having to have the chilli after they didn’t manage to book his kids meal onto the flight (despite booking it over the phone due to problems with the website). One of his favourite meals at home is extra chilli, extra rice, extra cheese ( chilli with rice and a little grating of cheese on top. Before you ask, we have no idea what the extra means, but that’s what he calls it) so we thought he might eat it. However, he really didn’t like this and instead tucked into some snacks we bought for him.

A full on Crocodile Dundee Lunch

Later on we were given the sandwich and cake combo. This is always good in a supermarket sandwich meal deal kind of way. Chicken and bacon sandwich, a scone and a piece of brownie it’s never going to be offensive really is it.

Service Station Special

I love finishing the sandwich on the plane though, because I remind myself that every meal from now on is going to be American food! It might seem childish, but I never want to be an adult anyway.

Next stop American food, AKA the part you’re all reading this for.
Old 15 Sep 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start shame about the PI room. Glad they refunded you.
Old 15 Sep 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Wow your chicken looks so moist and tender 😂😂😂
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List