Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Dec 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fantasy
VIP Dibber

Ryan air

Hi
We can get cheap flights to Alicante for a weekend in July. Always go easyJet. RA have best price but worried after last years flights they just cancelled.
Anyone fly regularly and can give advice?
Old 14 Dec 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We use Ryanair regularly, we’ve never had an issue and I wouldn’t hesitate to book again, in fact most probably will be again soon
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We would rather crawl over broken glass to get to a destination than use them. They are dreadful if something goes wrong. Pay a little extra and go with someone else
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My son has used them twice this year and they weren't great either time.

The first time his flight home was 3 hours late, I know that can happen with anyone but when I checked the history of that flight it was a regular occurrence.

The second time they couldn't land at their destination due to bad weather and were diverted to another airport which is fine as you want to be safe, but apparently when passengers asked cabin crew what would happen when they got to the new airport they were told that passengers weren't the cabin crews problem once they were off of the plane! There was no-one to meet them in the airport and so all the passengers had to leave the arrivals hall and find a customer service desk where they were told where to get a coach.

He probably just had bad luck, but I've told him not to book with them next time.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I've used Ryanair for years and use them a good few times a year. I really like them always had great crew staff and great prices for flights.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

We have used Ryanair many times. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been able to afford to visit some of the brilliant places that we have. I would be happy to fly again with them.

Having said that, they are basic - that's the model. They will get you there (usually on time) but if something goes wrong they aren't the best, but again you will get there in the end.

It's a case of you get what you pay for. I personally am happy to take that risk as most of the time you get a cheap flight and land on time with no problems.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

flew to dublin with them for a lads trip for 11 quid.. cant go wrong but to be honest but for a family holiday (where everything else is geared around getting there the day we want etc etc) in all honesty would be my last choice, prefer jet2 / easyjet as the dont have such a track record in cancelling flights
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Used them a few times .Had no problems but not using next year as more expensive with the no free luggage thing .easy jet were cheaper for us

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve used them a few times a year and I’ve never had any issues and wouldn’t hesitate to book with them if they are the cheapest!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The second sounds exactly the same as any other airline. Ground arrangements are handled by customer service on the ground not the flight attendants. I'm not sure what you are so upset about.

I don't find Ryanair over comfortable but their ontime record wipes the floor with BA. Dublin they are my first choice but I've also used them to Sweden , for £10 , I'd use them again at that price. They are fine.

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
My son has used them twice this year and they weren't great either time.

The first time his flight home was 3 hours late, I know that can happen with anyone but when I checked the history of that flight it was a regular occurrence.

The second time they couldn't land at their destination due to bad weather and were diverted to another airport which is fine as you want to be safe, but apparently when passengers asked cabin crew what would happen when they got to the new airport they were told that passengers weren't the cabin crews problem once they were off of the plane! There was no-one to meet them in the airport and so all the passengers had to leave the arrivals hall and find a customer service desk where they were told where to get a coach.

He probably just had bad luck, but I've told him not to book with them next time.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List