Notices

Old 25 Aug 14, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
colmac71
Gone all Goofy

My first (second) Trip To Disney - day Eleven

Started the day with fast passes at Animal Kingdom.
Did the Safari again (this time I only took a couple of pictures so that I could enjoy the safari rather than concentrate on taking pictures).
Also went to see the Festival of the Lion King which was fantastic - it's a must - it lasts for about half an hour and I thoroughly enjoyed it (so did the others but they have seen it on previous visits).
Also had a fast pass for Everest which again we've all done before but it's still very good
We had a lunch reservation at Saana which is at Animal Kingdom Lodge which was a short car ride away - the setting was brilliant and we would consider staying here in the future.

Saana is African with a taste of Indian and the waitress said that the curry wouldn't be as spicy as traditional Indian food.
Jack, Jon and myself ordered meat/fish curry dishes (2 each plus a bowl of rice) and Teresa ordered the vegetarian option. the two girls ordered a flatbread sandwich one was chicken tikka and the other was shrimp.
Jon is pictured with his curries.
I found mine to be quite tasty but a little cold.
I also think that if I was to return to Saana it would be better value in the evening rather than at lunch time but that's just my opinion.

Desserts were tasty and most of us ordered the trio - this consisted of a banana cheesecake - a chocolate mousse and a strawberry gello type dessert.
Teresa had the banana cheesecake as a single (bigger) option.
As we had eaten at lunchtime we just decided to have a take out (counter service) from Woldgang Puck - can't go wrong !

colmac71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by colmac71 - 25 Aug 14 2:01 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List