Old 18 Jul 18, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Breakfast - Wagamama (Gatwick)

Breakfast was at Wagamama which is airside at Gatwick South Terminal. We'd looked around a bit and this seemed the best choice once I'd been talked into cancelling the Premier Inn buffet (which apparently only I enjoy!) Wagamama serves an interesting breakfast menu AND the full lunch menu so there's a lot of choice. Here's the additional breakfast items:

We ordered tea and an expresso (DW), a cappuccino (me) and Apple juice for DD. DW then went for poached eggs, smashed avocado and tomato on toast which was a bit of an odd combo. She asked for the avocado on the side and then basically ate it like poached eggs on toast which would have been cheaper! She found this OK.

I went for kedgeree, also from the breakfast menu. Love this dish and rarely see it so usually order when its available.

This was disappointing. The egg was nice on the top, the right herbs, not enough smoked haddock in there but the real issue was way too much curry powder throughout the gloopy rice (which was overcooked). This dish is supposed to have a mild curry flavour but this was actually hot. Not bad enough to send it back but a let down and not how it's supposed to be served.

DD went for something she's had before from the regular menu and this proved the breakfast winner. Grilled Duck Donburi (tender shredded duck in a spicy teriyaki sauce. served with carrots, snow peas, sweet potato and red onion on a bed of sticky white rice. finished with a crispy fried egg, shredded cucumber, scallions and a side of kimchi).
A very grown up order compared to where we were 3 years ago!

I hadn't heard of it before but it was gorgeous. I got to finish the duck as there was loads mixed in amongst the rice. It was apparently also a touch spicier than she's had before so I think we can diagnose a heavy handed morning chef at the Gatwick Wagamama

The bill came to £41. More than the Premier Inn breakfast or in fact our room for last night I am not looking forward to adding up the food spends on this holiday!

Next stop the plane journey That and last night's dinner will follow tomorrow as need to get photos from DD's phone and she's
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List