Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Jul 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Well all in all not a bad travel day, even better for your wife and daughter!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Haha... I love the comparison photos between your meal and your DW/DD's 😜 It just goes to show money can buy you happiness, or at least better food!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Kudos for you to slumming it in Economy, would it be wrong of me to upgrade myself and leave Mr Grump with the 3 kids in Economy?

I must admit that curry looks like it's had better days but at least DW and DD kept you topped up with snacks ... how lovely.

I love how Chick Fil-A don't scrimp on the sauces, you have to practically beg for sauces round here.

If leaving the kids in economy is good enough for Kirstie Alsopp then why not, I mean it's not like they have jobs is it They were good at keeping me fully snacked, the big bonus was getting moved up front at the end though.

Great observation on the sauces. Somehow in UK you have to negotiate for condiments. I stopped for a KFC a while back wearing a suit and the lad tried to charge me £1 per sachet for the dips which come with the chicken strips meal. Yeah alright son jog on

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
The Club food in BA looks pretty great! I can't wait to try it on my flight to Fort Lauderdale this December... oh wait, I just realised I'm poor so I'm in Economy 🤔 Guess I'll buy a Boots sandwich in the airport then... 😁

Always wanted to try Chick Fil-A but we don't rent a car so have never managed it

Yep it is our first time at Disneyworld next year (re your reply!). I've been to Disney Paris a few times, but you know, it's full of French people. I've also been to Disneyland but was 14 so obviously spent the whole time sulking. Can't wait to do Disney properly this time!
With cunning use of credit cards and Avios points it is possible to get the odd pair of club world tickets for the price of the flight tax. But it's hard work! Chick-fil-A you can probably get via Uber Eats these days, McD's certainly was offering it when we popped in for a drink.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm looking forward to the forthcoming novel as I will need a good book to read on the flight in a couple of weeks, so you better hurry up with writing it.
hmm good book may be the problem. I'll try to speed the process up but art, much like the heroine's paramour Gastrique will not be hurried

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Those chicken wings the night before look amazing... i'm a sucker for chicken wings and curry... my perfect mix!

That airline curry looks really sad though... they need to make airline food permanent all day breakfasts lol.

And the travel day chicken fest is right up my street! We're toying with Wendys or a hot donalds when we land... can't be dealing with a table service meal on travel day lol.
Glad you're enjoying, lots more to come

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
You’re lucky I’ve already rated this thread 5* because I’d have been giving it only 1* after reading that you declined the mini Magnum
OMG lol I almost ate it purely because I'm doing the report but then I thought, wait a minute I don't even like Magnums

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Well all in all not a bad travel day, even better for your wife and daughter!
Survived holiday proper started now

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Haha... I love the comparison photos between your meal and your DW/DD's 😜 It just goes to show money can buy you happiness, or at least better food!
Well definitely better food but no way happiness. Too much as likely to make you miserable as too little is my theory. Keep reading for more of the odd-looking poached egg shots
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 08:37 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Always wanted to try Chick Fil-A but we don't rent a car so have never managed it
There is a Chick-Fil-A at Orlando airport
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Breakfast - International House of Pancakes/Beefcake (S.Apopka Vineland Road)

We woke up at times from about 4-7am and rather than wait we decided to head out early for an ihop breakfast. We’ve actually never eaten there before, we always seem to end up at Denny’s but this time we made it. I’m slightly peeved that they’ve changed their name back from ihob I was thinking of a whole string of jokes around the burgers thing, never mind!

It was quiet when we got there, liked this cute hand drawn milkshakes board which added a personal touch from the servers

Quickly seated and served with coffee for DW and I plus iced water for DD. Food-wise DW went for one of her favourite oddball poached egg orders (this time requesting that the toast was unbuttered but the butter brought on the side...answers on a postcard ). She liked this as usual.
Here you go Kat

I went with the 2x2x2 with Scrambled eggs and Sausage as the options to go with the pancakes, it arrived with fried eggs and bacon but never mind, the server did realise straight away and offered to take it away but I was happy to eat it. Pancakes were the start of the show here, lovely with the butter. I also tried the butter pecan syrup (tasted much like maple to me) and a bit of the blueberry at the end. The blueberry syrup was nice, should have tried it first, see the syrup bottles below.

Syrups: Old Fashioned, Butter Pecan, Blueberry and Strawberry

DD chose banana nutella crepes. She really enjoyed these although one of the crepes was overdone but it was too much food anyway, she doesn’t usually eat a large breakfast (wait till we try Keke’s!).

The bill came to $27, I’ve deleted that one having mislabelled it. Would eat here again for sure.

Lunch at Texas de Brasil next
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
You can't go wrong with IHOP
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
There is a Chick-Fil-A at Orlando airport
Ok that's happening next trip then! Last trip we had an Uber driver who spent the whole drive talking about how it's better than KFC
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m defo feeling the love for those eggs again. 😁 I feel a bit sorry for them now, seeing them there all lonely without even a sprig of parsley for company! 😔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I understand the butter on the side!

Sometimes it's nice for the butter to melt into hot toast ... other times it's nice to let the toast cool and be nice and crunchy with a layer of butter :p

Starting to get a little jelous we didn't stay offsite now as there's so many places I want to try x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Just read your report from the start and really enjoying it, as hilarious as ever.

Can't wait for some more ...