Enjoying reading along
Lol moments 😂
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Please tell me the bacon clock is real.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Trevor parked in the bathroom... 😂😂😂😂 and I do exactly the same with my toast...😀😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

What's in the old fashioned syrup by the way? Not like the whisky cocktail I hope? (Well too early in the morning I suppose but Splash Mountain should sort it out nicely).
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
You can't go wrong with IHOP
I can't believe it took us so long to try it!

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Ok that's happening next trip then! Last trip we had an Uber driver who spent the whole drive talking about how it's better than KFC
The airport was a great tip from wilma-bride, I'll have to remember that myself, Chick-fil-A is so much better than KFC in the US (though I think the Colonel still rules back in UK)

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I’m defo feeling the love for those eggs again. 😁 I feel a bit sorry for them now, seeing them there all lonely without even a sprig of parsley for company! 😔
I love poached eggs but served that way they look like a science experiment. I'm sure they must be cold the second they hit the plate

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I understand the butter on the side!

Sometimes it's nice for the butter to melt into hot toast ... other times it's nice to let the toast cool and be nice and crunchy with a layer of butter :p

Starting to get a little jelous we didn't stay offsite now as there's so many places I want to try x
I'll bow to your toast wisdom! The tyranny of the Dining Plan is the way it forces you to never leave to eat something better value just like the lock in of the Disney airport transfers and not getting a car. 3 days to try everything in Orlando though is just impossible

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Just read your report from the start and really enjoying it, as hilarious as ever.

Can't wait for some more ...
Great to have you back reading Hope you enjoy the rest!

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Well done CMG
Enjoying reading along
Lol moments 😂
Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Please tell me the bacon clock is real.
It's real

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Trevor parked in the bathroom... 😂😂😂😂 and I do exactly the same with my toast...😀😀
I'm worrying about all the copycat incidents now, I'm going to be banned from every Premier Inn across Sussex Another toast fiend!

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
What's in the old fashioned syrup by the way? Not like the whisky cocktail I hope? (Well too early in the morning I suppose but Splash Mountain should sort it out nicely).
I was assuming it was maple syrup but damn a whiskey cocktail on a pancake sounds rather good we may have to market that!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Lunch - Texas de Brazil (Orlando Outlet Marketplace)

After a morning shopping session at the Outlet Marketplace we dodged a sudden thunderstorm (almost dodged in the case of DW ) to make our lunch reservation as Texas de Brazil. This is a Brazilian style Churrascaria where they grill and barbeque lots of meats and bring them round to the table on skewers in an all you can eat style. This place actually has a couple of UK branches, has anyone been?

Anyway the US Texas de Brasil’s are famous for the salad bar. We could immediately see why:

From this wonderful looking spread DD and I put together the following plates (mine above/hers below). DW started with the meat so her salad plate always looked a mess.

Entrants one and two for the Instagram buffet challenge

Wow. This food was incredible Everything we tried was great, everything! I had pineapple carpaccio, a mini bacon caesar salad, roasted peppers, manchego, mozzarella, a grape salad, olives it was just amazing and we all agreed on this completely.

Back at the table the little cheese bread rolls were great, so were the sides of mash and cinnamon coated caramelised banana and all of the meat was great too. This is getting repetitive.

The meat comes like this. Iffy photo they weren't stopping to pose

And you grab a piece like this

It keeps coming to the table as long as you keep this on the green side.

Meats we saw were several cuts of steak including fillet, sirloin and flank, parmesan crusted chicken, lamb chops, lamb, ribs etc. etc. it just keeps coming until you beg them to stop. Eventually we were beaten. I think we all ate at least twice as much meat as we usually would.

There was no chance of us ordering a dessert after that, no chance at all. Hardly any chance...

Then this came around

We ended up sharing a portion of the Brazilian cheesecake.

And yep you guessed it, this was amazing too. Creamy baked style cheese, mostly fudge at the bottom and caramel on the top with some dabs of fruit reduction. Insanely good and some of the other desserts looked just as tempting.

The cost for this amazing meal was $106

We left happy but broken. Dinner did not seem nearly far enough away...
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 08:35 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Before lunch today we kind of felt like this

But Texas de Brazil dropped a meat bomb that was going to take a while to work off So no formal dining review for this evening I’m afraid. We did continue our shopping for a while, DW on particularly good shopping form unfortunately but we each picked up a bargain or two, trainers especially seemed good value at this mall (Nike and Under Armor not Skechers). Pleased to see DD getting some Levis rather than the threatened Seven for all Mankind

So it’s a bitty selection of photos this evening. The plan for Bonefish Grill was scrubbed (possibly tomorrow for this now). I did pick up some Taco Bell, a burrito and fries with nacho sauce The burrito was ok but the fries with the cheese sauce were ace. Cheap, tasty
and small portions which was exactly what I was after!

This is what you come back with when you go to WalMart with negative hunger levels...

Plus we took some of the usual gawpy photos. Look at the ice-cream! Look at the m&ms!

There weren’t any of these though

Somehow we also ended up in Publix too on the way home and in search of an ATM. DD and I forayed off and ended up buying some drinks

We sat on the tables outside and drank them out the bottles like a mismatched pair of winos. DD has recently got into raspberry lemonade, other versions of this back home recently became the first fizzy drink she’s ever really got into! She enjoyed this, still and sweet, very nice.

I’ve long wanted to try Kombucha which is some weird (fizzy?) tea drink that defies all rational explanation. Got the watermelon flavor but this thing is alive, it smells like fermented cabbage and hoisin sauce and tastes like I dunno...watermelon flavoured cabbage bovril? And yet I’m still not sure if I like it or not. DW tried it, she definitely didn’t like it The rest of the bottle is lurking in the fridge, I’m hoping the housekeeper steals it!

Keke’s for breakfast tomorrow and a last day of full-on shopping before we hit the parks from Friday!

Edited at 08:33 PM.
Old 19 Jul 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Lunch - Texas de Brasil (Orlando Outlet Marketplace)

After a morning shopping session at the Outlet Marketplace we dodged a sudden thunderstorm (almost dodged in the case of DW ) to make our lunch reservation as Texas de Brasil. This is a Brazilian style Churrascaria where they grill and barbeque lots of meats and bring them round to the table on skewers in an all you can eat style. This place actually has a couple of UK branches, has anyone been?

Anyway the US Texas de Brasil’s are famous for the salad bar. We could immediately see why:

From this wonderful looking spread DD and I put together the following plates (mine above/hers below). DW started with the meat so her salad plate always looked a mess.

Entrants one and two for the Instagram buffet challenge

Wow. This food was incredible Everything we tried was great, everything! I had pineapple carpaccio, a mini bacon caesar salad, roasted peppers, manchego, mozzarella, a grape salad, olives it was just amazing and we all agreed on this completely.

Back at the table the little cheese bread rolls were great, so were the sides of mash and cinnamon coated caramelised banana and all of the meat was great too. This is getting repetitive.

The meat comes like this. Iffy photo they weren't stopping to pose

And you grab a piece like this

It keeps coming to the table as long as you keep this on the green side.

Meats we saw were several cuts of steak including fillet, sirloin and flank, parmesan crusted chicken, lamb chops, lamb, ribs etc. etc. it just keeps coming until you beg them to stop. Eventually we were beaten. I think we all ate at least twice as much meat as we usually would.

There was no chance of us ordering a dessert after that, no chance at all. Hardly any chance...

Then this came around

We ended up sharing a portion of the Brazilian cheesecake.

And yep you guessed it, this was amazing too. Creamy baked style cheese, mostly fudge at the bottom and caramel on the top with some dabs of fruit reduction. Insanely good and some of the other desserts looked just as tempting.

The cost for this amazing meal was $106

We left happy but broken. Dinner did not seem nearly far enough away...
Soooo much better than Ohana!
Old 19 Jul 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

That was some lunch to work off, no wonder you had to keep on shopping...
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that was some value lunch , surprised you didn’t get down for a nap after it lol .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List