Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Jul 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I’m loving this report, looking forward to the rest.
Old 25 Jul 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Wow that meal looked amazing I so have to try Texas de brasil now even the cheesecake I love a good baked cheesecake , can’t believe I have only just found this thread !
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
This all looks really good ... stalker alert again we go Teppan edo but in a couple of days ... we are Hollywood Brown derby today 😊
Someone call the Disney food police now! 😂
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Oh my goodness what a fab report. I couldn't eat so much food on one holiday but your reviews are helping me add to my "must eat at" list so much that I feel the need for several more trips! 😂

Your daughter puts my two to shame with her food choices.

Looking forward to reading more.

Ps it's a breadcake!

Edited at 11:19 PM.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m going to be Billy no mates here but teppan edo Just doesn’t float my boat at all. We are really sociable but watching others eat at your table mainly puts me off I think.
Anyway I digress , the food looked lovely . Out of interest Do you share tables on the outside of Disney as well ?
Breadcake is indeed Yorkshire , although becomes a butty when filled with chips and gravy
Teacake has raisins in , mostly toasted with lashings of lurpak .
I think so far your dw’s choice at spice road is the stand out for me but she’s picking some fab meals so it may get trumped .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 04:59 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
This all looks really good ... stalker alert again we go Teppan edo but in a couple of days ... we are Hollywood Brown derby today 😊
Enjoy the Brown Derby, I can't get my family to go back but liked it last time so not too sure why.

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Was looking forward to the Teppan Edo review, its one of the places I'd really like to eat! I like that they give you fried noodles instead of fried rice like other teppanyaki places I've been to.
I swear the reason teppanyaki is so filling is the fact they cook everything in a mountain of butter.
I didn't see much butter used but there were a lot of squirts of a clear liquid that must have been an oil

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
More great looking food. We had Teppen Edo down as my birthday meal in October. We changed it (a few times 😀 ) eventually to Chef de France. Even though the food is obviously very good, we felt the way they serve the noodles first, then the meat was not ideal. DD doesn't like rice so it would be like eating seperate dishes instead of a meal we feel. Pleased you enjoyed it though.
That's fair enough, you do end up eating the proteins either by themself or with some very dry rice. You can get a similar dish to how it might taste combined in the beef with udon noodles at Katsura Grill at the Japan QS although that obviously won't be as fresh or made with as much TLC

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
It must be, how did you know also maybe teacake, who doesn't enjoy a buttered toasted teacake...
Mum and I used to split a teacake at the Little Chef, not sure we'd do it now though the state most of them are in!

Originally Posted by sueandco View Post
I’m loving this report, looking forward to the rest.
Thanks for reading and glad you're enjoying

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Wow that meal looked amazing I so have to try Texas de brasil now even the cheesecake I love a good baked cheesecake , can’t believe I have only just found this thread !
That was a great cheesecake and TdB must be one of the best value meals we've ever had for the quality. I'm intrigued to try one of the UK branches now, they can't be as good! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Someone call the Disney food police now! 😂
Don't worry I'll just hide in a crowd of food bloggers

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Oh my goodness what a fab report. I couldn't eat so much food on one holiday but your reviews are helping me add to my "must eat at" list so much that I feel the need for several more trips! 😂

Your daughter puts my two to shame with her food choices.

Looking forward to reading more.

Ps it's a breadcake!
Good to hear about the must eat list, we're still motoring on with the food although I'm looking forward to some time off post-DDP. DD has changed dramatically on the food choice front since she started secondary school and it can change at any point

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’m going to be Billy no mates here but teppan edo Just doesn’t float my boat at all. We are really sociable but watching others eat at your table mainly puts me off I think.
Anyway I digress , the food looked lovely . Out of interest Do you share tables on the outside of Disney as well ?
Breadcake is indeed Yorkshire , although becomes a butty when filled with chips and gravy
Teacake has raisins in , mostly toasted with lashings of lurpak .
I think so far your dw’s choice at spice road is the stand out for me but she’s picking some fab meals so it may get trumped .
Sharing at the hibachi places is fairly usual. The main awkwardness for me with the table was trying to take pics of the meal without photographing anyone else's children (had to delete the onion volcano shot for example), luckily everyone was pretty relaxed and it's easy to crop the little blighters out most of the time

I do like a teacake, that's a national thing though I think. DW will be pleased to here the feedback, she's from the 'choose the most expensive thing on the menu' school as a rule One of the reasons she pushed so hard for deluxe!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
- EPCOT and EMH
- Morning snacks

We’d planned an afternoon in EPCOT but a badly timed heavy shower changed things slightly. In the end we set out an hour or more later than planned and only managed to ride Nemo and Figment before dinner as opposed to a plan which included a Test Track Fastpass (it was down so we had a flexible pass given for later but no time with dinner and all the other returnees) Unimpressed daughter!

After dinner we took advantage of EMH for some late shopping and touring. We visited Mitsukoshi for DD to buy a gift and then looked round the Japan Cuteness exhibition, my choice obviously. At this stage DW had gone back to the hotel as a bit headachy. Should have got one of the flavoured ices from Japan but made the same mistake I always make and went for something from Karamel Kuche in Germany

Mine was the pecan bar, not great at all - a poor choice. For some reason this place disappoints me every time. DD was happier with her chocolate and caramel marshmallow lollipop but still I reckon this is the most overrated place out there just because everything looks so good.

The Frozen queue in Norway was still 30 minutes so we passed on this. Moment of inspiration though, I’d seen Swedish Fish candies on sale in WalMart and banked on Disney being lazy and/or greedy enough to sell these in the Norwegian gift shop. Of course they do!

EPCOT T-Shirt challenge 12/22

Annoyingly not a snack credit but at least we’ve solved the riddle of how to get the Norway fish entry for the t-shirt challenge. By the way these things are bloody lovely, only one flavour but what a flavour. Bring them to the UK now! Current t-shirt challenge status is now this:

Speaking of t-shirt challenges I managed to pick up the USA shirt I was after in the American Pavilion. This has all 50 States on the back and lines up to a bucket list item for a 50 States road-trip. That one may have to wait till retirement (not on the horizon just yet) but could make a super-sized a food report

Finally, we spent 3 snacks on breakfast the next morning. DW popped over to the Boardwalk Bakery and after some communication issues came back with a pain au chocolat (as ordered), an almond croissant (not what I was after, don’t like these ) and a large square thing called a crumb cake that was mainly cinnamon - which she detests! Ah well

Lunch was Morimoto and will need to post that tomorrow Florida time plus Hoop de dinner.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

best food report I’ve ever read! thankyou for putting the time in to do it. It’s so funny and informative..
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Epcot food challenge is going well. I think you may actually complete it. Not much doing on the buffet challenge though...I think you need to rectify that!

Mexy02 Kobe Steakhouse is an offsite version of Teppan Edo, it is an identical set up with 8 seats at each chef station. It's not as uncomfortable as you might think. We've eaten at both TE and Kobe. We had an experience where we didn't talk at all to the other family apart from hello and goodbye and one where we chatted quite a bit. The only difference is Kobe is cheaper than TE. I've just looked up our prices at Kobe for last summer. Chicken and steak was the most expensive at $26, tuna was $23, sirloin steak $22 and kids steak $10. I'm not trying to put people off eating at TE and would happily go back, I think we just have to accept part of the price we pay for onsite dining is for the convenience. If you're staying on I drive then Kobe is a great choice but if not then driving out there and back would take up a fair chunk of your evening.

I hope that was helpful.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We have planned Katsura grill as we liked the look of the menu there. Of course, Teppen Edo is superior as it is freshly cooked and reviews are amazing but it is the separate portions that put us off. Still may try it one trip though 😊
Have a great day.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List