Old 20 Jul 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
After the breakfast at Keke I can't believe you all had room for lunch and then the sundae. I'm liking your DW and her ordering style. She clearly knows what she wants and isn't afraid to order exactly that. Perhaps one day you will get to hear the blues brothers special.

DH always hates that I can eat Indian or Mexican food and not get a sweat on. He doesn't like it when I say something isn't very hot while he is dripping. The kids find it hilarious, as do I!

I've seen the Crissy Fields sundae on a few DFB videos it looks good, but as you say not a dessert to eat on your own every day of the week, perhaps every other day?
We didn't force ourselves to eat all of the Keke's meals and then we were on our feet for the whole day so it was do-able with huge step counts DW already sees herself as the wing king so this incident was a disaster frankly The sundae was very good but I reckon there is better on the Ghirardelli menu. Maybe next time!

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Love Rodizio Rico. My brother takes us there every time we visit him in London it’s his favourite restaurant.
Definitely going to try it! Need to talk to my London restaurant encyclopedia friend who I'm sure will have been there too.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Well in the name of this report you are soldiering on with the eating! I admire your stamina.
We love to partake in a Ghirardelli ice cream at Disney Springs but I tend to go for one with hot fudge sauce on it, with a cherry on top. I surely hope that's less than the reported 1600 calories of your ice cream choice.
I promise not to post calories on here again. Don't know what I was thinking. Two rules of a Dining Thread 1) never judge 2) never post calories

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
1 to DW
0 to CMG

To be fair I can't say much as I would have been on DDs level!

Those pancakes look HUGE! I can imagine they were quite dry. I love how DW knows what she wants and orders it. With Trevor and the eggs I think she's becoming inspirational ... the star of your blogs even!

Looking forward to seeing the bonefish report x
more like 2-0 after those comments which I'll now be hearing all day Trevor and the Eggs sound like an indie band.

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
You are not alone, I did too

Absolutely loving your report.👍
Thanks Jedi Princess, hope you enjoy the rest of the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The eggs! Thank god for the eggs! 3rd time lucky, clucky, clucky. 🐔

Sounds like you and your family living up!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
The eggs! Thank god for the eggs! 3rd time lucky, clucky, clucky. 🐔

Sounds like you and your family living up!

Kat
I should be so clucky
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Dinner - Bonefish Grill (Central Florida Parkway)

This is a high end looking restaurant albeit the pricing is a little less than you might think from the interior. We came here looking for something like Red Lobster (which we love) but a little nicer as an early choice for seafood lover (and report star ) DW. We were put at a table in the back corner near to the kitchen, close enough to hear the chef shouting every few minutes

The server did ask straight away if we wanted to choose appetisers but we weren’t ready so ordered drinks, two negronis (gin, campari, martini rosso) and an apple juice for DD and studied menus plus this specials card.

Bread came round, this was hot and pretty good and served with a liquid garlic and parsley butter. The negronis arrived and these were poor for a place with a full bar. We’d asked for just one or two ice cubes and the bar appeared to have taken this as an excuse to poor water from the ice bucket into the drink because they were a touch watery. This is just about the only way you can mess up making a negroni so not a great start. Photos of the bread and drinks corrupted but we’ll have similar things later in the trip I’m sure so not a major problem.

We ordered appetisers. DW went for a cup of corn and crab chowder.
Soup on the spoon = minor photo fail!

She raved about this, I thought it was ok. My starter was Thai Coconut Shrimp with sweet chilli sauce.

This looked great, there are 6 shrimp there even if it looks like 3 in the photo. Taste-wise they were actually a little bland, nice and crispy but no real coconut flavour and a mundane sweet chilli sauce (DW made some comment about how they’d probably toned it down for me). DD ordered calamari.

These were not great. A large bowl of very small pieces of heavily battered squid, just a bowl of crispy batter really. The sweet spicy Asian sauce it came with was alright though and went fairly well. Because DD wasn’t enjoying it and liked the taste of mine we switched starters, may as well because I wasn’t keen on either!

Onto mains, literally onto mains because the server was putting them down while two of us were still eating. DW who was the one to have finished, complained but the server said sorry then put the mains down anyway and started to walk off At this point DW asked her more firmly to take her lobster dish away and we ended up with her dish and mine going back to the kitchen while DD started on her fish and chips.

DD ate hardly any of this, didn’t enjoy it and declared it tasteless. I had a few chips which were ok but agree that the fish was bland. With this and the starter she ordered too much fried stuff which no-one had thought about this time, lesson learned.

After about 20 minutes the server asked us if we wanted the lobster to go into the steamer (DW’s dish, mine not mentioned!). We agreed and the rest of the mains then followed.

DW: 2 Cold Water Lobster Tails (+ nice mash and meh brocolli

The lobster meat was good here but, DW ate one but then had issues with the flavour of the spices and didn’t eat the second. We were getting irritable by now because of the increasingly bad experience of this meal.

My Shrimp Pad Thai also arrived

Looks nice, isn't

This was steaming with heat and in a big pile. I’m sure it had been microwaved,the chopped peanuts which are usually sprinkled over the top of a pad thai were scattered at the bottom, the shrimp were like rubber, the egg overcooked, sauce a generic sweet and sour flavour and the noodles tough as hell. Easily the worst pad thai I’ve ever been served so Bonefish I actually hope you microwaved it because if that’s how it comes out on a good day you guys serve the worst pad thai I’ve ever seen (and I’ve eaten a lot of pad thai).

The price for this culinary horror show was $111.

In cricket the number 111 is Nelson which means unlucky. It fits! Bad bad bad bad meal and having recommended Bonefish in the past there is no way any of us will eat there again. I think they wanted us off the table quickly and it reminds me that at Disney unless we’re in a hurry we’re going to order appetisers first and then only put the mains order in when the starters arrive.

Breakfast planned as Cracker Barrel in the morning. Onwards and upwards

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Old 20 Jul 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Shame about Bonefish grill, I’d have expected better as I’ve read some good reports.
Onwards and upwards as you say.
Old 20 Jul 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Taste-wise they were actually a little bland, nice and crispy but no real coconut flavour and a mundane sweet chilli sauce (DW made some comment about how they’d probably toned it down for me).

Sorry to read BFG was a massive dud. We wanted to make it there last year & didn't get round to it. Sounds like we did ourselves a favour.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a shame about your Bonefish meal
We eat at the one on the 192 a couple of times each holiday, and have always enjoyed it.

Joan
Old 20 Jul 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a bummer about Bonefish. Hopefully that’s your crudy meal of the holiday over and done with, as there’s always one.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame about Bonefish grill, I’d have expected better as I’ve read some good reports.
Onwards and upwards as you say.
Chefs de France tonight I'm hoping it's a better dinner Hope the return home isn't proving too traumatic

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post

Sorry to read BFG was a massive dud. We wanted to make it there last year & didn't get round to it. Sounds like we did ourselves a favour.
Ah it may still be worth trying, it gets a lot of good reviews. You won't see us in there again though

Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a shame about your Bonefish meal
We eat at the one on the 192 a couple of times each holiday, and have always enjoyed it.

Joan
Yeah we we definitely got unlucky, they really annoyed us and the food was a little off. Think they had the table identified from the start for a super-quick turnaround. Two of the chefs actually brought our mains out the second time and looked like they'd been told to by management and the server also looked like she might be a little scared of the kitchen

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What a bummer about Bonefish. Hopefully that’s your crudy meal of the holiday over and done with, as there’s always one.

Kat
Exactly, get it out of the way early
Old 20 Jul 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

That meal at Bonefish sounds really bad! I know you probably have plans already, but if you have time try Seito Sushi just off I-Drive. They do more than sushi and it seems like you guys like fish and asian flavours. I had a shrimp yaki soba in there last year that was to die for! I've heard the restaurant has a very good reputation with the locals.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List