Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jul 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Has to be 4 more meals! Didn't you cancel Yak and Yeti? It could be back on! But maybe the 4 credits have not come through your account yet... What does MDE say, same thing?
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Has to be 4 more meals! Didn't you cancel Yak and Yeti? It could be back on! But maybe the 4 credits have not come through your account yet... What does MDE say, same thing?
Yes its definitely the right number Disney side I noticed in the Yachtsman bill last night they charged 3 instead of 6 so that plus another credit use got lost somewhere. We have no spare meal slots but will hustle to use the credits up
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
I'm finally all caught up. You are making great progress in the t-shirt challenge! Suds like there have been some winners and some losers as far as meal are concerned. Homecomin' is an out and out winner, in my book. We had such a great meal there last year. I am trying Morimoto for the first time in November, having convinced my vegetarian friend's hubby to share the duck with me as it is likely to be the only chance we will get (my hubby doesn't eat duck). I don't mind a bit of fat (I have a fair bit of my own already ) so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Interested to hear how you plan to use the extra credits you seem to have gained.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I'm finally all caught up. You are making great progress in the t-shirt challenge! Suds like there have been some winners and some losers as far as meal are concerned. Homecomin' is an out and out winner, in my book. We had such a great meal there last year. I am trying Morimoto for the first time in November, having convinced my vegetarian friend's hubby to share the duck with me as it is likely to be the only chance we will get (my hubby doesn't eat duck). I don't mind a bit of fat (I have a fair bit of my own already ) so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Interested to hear how you plan to use the extra credits you seem to have gained.
Morimoto had some great items, try not to miss the desserts We have a plan forming for the extra credits, updates to follow
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
- Hollywood Studios & Snack update
- DD Sushi making

We made a visit to Hollywood Studios to ride Slinky Dog for the first time plus the Frozen singalong and Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster Fastpasses. Original plans to ropedrop for 7am again were vetoed by DD who is starting to suffer from early onset teenagerism when it comes to early starts so rides on Tower of Terror (which we did on the earlier HS day) and the Indy show (missed it again ) fell by the wayside.

First snack action of the day, iced coffees and pastries from the Trolley Car Starbucks. Iced latte (no sugar) and a blueberry scone for me, iced mocha and a chocolate croissant for DD.

Check the receipt Admiral, iced latte

The mocha seemed to be just milk and ice so we ended up sharing the latte. There was some confusion with the server when we twice tried to order a pain au chocolat and she had no idea what that was, stumped until I looked at the display and called it a chocolate croissant. I think she thought I was being mean which wasn't the case, ah well

Meantime, over in Disney Springs, DW was on a Ghiradelli chocolate run ahead of her solo ADR at Paddlefish.
2 more snack credits down on the 5 for 3 offer. But why dark chocolate toffee DW why? No Peppermint bark available

So anyway over at the Studios, I managed to squeeze in a lightning visit to the Baseline Taphouse in between watching the Muppets show, meeting Olaf and heading to the Sci Fi diner for lunch.

OK draft choice at this new craft beer bar which walks right through to the Sci-Fi diner. Decent quality not huge variety but it’s Disney so…(Freestyle Beer machines next please Mickey ) These were all good in their own style, the blood orange cider probably the most interesting.

After lunch it was very hot and I waited out Rock n Rollercoaster while DD rode on the Fastpass (single rider queue was actually quicker). We then got the boat back to the Yacht Club.

In the afternoon amongst other things, DD made up her DIY sushi kit to submit for consideration to the t-shirt challenge oversight body. I was a little scared of getting involved with a potential disaster (we once had a gift of a origami kit for young children from a Japanese friend and it was a humiliating experience trying to complete even the simplest patterns!) so I conveniently went to sleep

DD’s progress looked like this:

All in all a creditable effort. Of course for the the t-shirt thing we need a tasting and er, ew excuse me - all 3 people sampling this started positively and then ran to the loo to get rid of it Grape and soda flavour! Keep working on it Japan!

If you deny this as the sushi entry DD says you are crushing her dreams

Lunches at Paddlefish and Sci-Fi Diner to follow.
Old 29 Jul 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen3675
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great Sunday afternoon reading... what’s the total you spent on tips?
Jen3675 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I admire your commitment.👍
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jen3675 View Post
Great Sunday afternoon reading... what’s the total you spent on tips?
I'm reporting (almost) live so we still have a couple of meals to go plus the last 24hrs I need to write-up and post. Will share full details at the end. Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
I admire your commitment.👍
Others might call it manic stubbornness

Meantime, DW has just excelled herself at the front desk, by asking lots of questions, refusing to go away and asking them to re-categorise various things QS meals etc. (but including at least one beer as a snack credit ) she's got it to a remaining balance of 3 snack credits and 11 table service with $190 discounted off the bill. An almost miraculous result that only partly offsets the damage she did at the outlet mall
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Excellent report so far have enjoyed reading along.
Thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to keep updating.
Well done to your daughter for making the sushi shame about the taste
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
DD/CMG Lunch - Sci-Fi Diner (Hollywood Studios)

Only once have I broken my no QS at HS rule and it didn’t go well, 3 years ago we spent the equivalent of a burger and sundae at Beaches and Cream on one of these and a miniature hot dog.

Actually think I;ve been to Sci-Fi on on every Orlando trip. Could have missed it this time but DD wanted to return and it was the two of us today. Seated fairly quickly and I’m sure those cars get smaller every year, even DD was surprised how tight it was.

As drinks we both opted for Oreo milkshakes, I took mine as the meal dessert because I also wanted a diet coke. The milkshakes were excellent, a really good Oreo flavour and big but not too big.

Not being starving today we shared an appetiser of the chicken tenders. These were disappointing, they tasted exactly like overdone McDonald’s Chicken Selects.

We crunched our way through two each. And I dipped with the bbq and blue cheese sauces (I’d asked for chipotle but actually it’s bbq chipotle that has no chipotle taste at all) and DD used ketchup. The blue cheese sauce had no blue cheese which is good because I don’t usually like it!

Both of us went for a burger as the main course. The burgers are now dishes from the team behind D-Lux burger at Disney Springs and you can see a bit of imagination at work. DD chose the Classic American burger (Our Signature Blend of Beef served on a Brioche Bun with Caramelized Onions, American Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, and Gourmet Tomato). She had this with fries which came out cajun spiced, she liked them but the server could have warned us of this.

She enjoyed this. I went for the Drive-In BBQ Burger (Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar served with Crispy-fried Jalapeño and Onion Straws). This was excellent, best burger of the trip so far, the crispy fried jalapeno particularly good, the BBQ sauce didn’t seem to be present but it was good with ketchup anyway.
Lighting issues, excuse the odd pixie dust effect

I ordered mine with the wheatberry salad for variety (think that’s what she said). This was an airline meal salad bowl, bland. Last time I’d had a cucumber side salad which was much much better.

Don’t have the slip with the total on but bill before service would be $60.

Not cheap but not too pricey either, brilliant theming and shakes/burgers recommended by us...in a park of bad food options in the main.