Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Apr 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Honeymoon! Hawaii :)

Hey all .

So we’ve decided we are definitely having our honeymoon in Hawaii .

We really want to do a cruise, Disney, RCL, Norwegian being our preferred lines (in that order. To be honest we aren’t overly keen on the idea of Norwegian as we like to dress up and have formal nights etc, however they do have no at sea days..)

So our options are:

Fly to Vancouver, 2 nights there, then cruise Disney/RCL to Honolulu and then do 5(ish) nights in Aulani and then fly home from there.

Problem being - flights seem ridiculous because they’re not return. Would we be better staying another night or so in Vancouver at the end to get return flights and then just book a one way flight from Hawaii?

Or we get return flights to HNL, do 5(ish) nights in Aulani, the 7 night cruise with NCL and then 2/3 nights in another part of HNL. Meaning we can get return flights and we cut out the days at sea, but we’re not overly keen on NCL.

Are there any travel agents I should be talking to about this? I was just going to DIY but I’m not sure where to start!

Any thoughts welcome we are looking at 2021 - getting married next year but there’s no way we can afford both in a year!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I know what you say about NCL but it was an amazing itinerary especially overnighting in port. In each port we rented a convertible and had a fantastic time. Driving the Volanoes NP on Big Island in a Mustang is a memory that will stay with me forever.
It was 12 years ago now that we went on Pride of America and at the time NCL had three ships sailing out of Honolulu so prices were really competitive. Nowadays it’s relatively expensive for not the best cruise experience imo. Having said that it was our first cruise and got us hooked - we’ve now done 48 cruises, so it didn’t put us off!
We did it diy by booking the cruise through Vacationstogo - shop around is my advice.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I know what you say about NCL but it was an amazing itinerary especially overnighting in port. In each port we rented a convertible and had a fantastic time. Driving the Volanoes NP on Big Island in a Mustang is a memory that will stay with me forever.
It was 12 years ago now that we went on Pride of America and at the time NCL had three ships sailing out of Honolulu so prices were really competitive. Nowadays it’s relatively expensive for not the best cruise experience imo. Having said that it was our first cruise and got us hooked - we’ve now done 48 cruises, so it didn’t put us off!
We did it diy by booking the cruise through Vacationstogo - shop around is my advice.
Thank you for replying

Royal Caribbean can do us a package with 3 nights in Vancouver prior to the cruise and then 4/5 nights in Honolulu without a hotel so we can book Aulani separately.
I think we will most likely be taking them up on this as it seems to take some of the stress away

Just have to make sure I find the best sea sickness tablets and take them prior to the cruise this time!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

No tips. Sounds fab! Enjoy the planning - wedding and honeymoon!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I also have no tips, but you had mentioned your wedding on the theatre fans thread. Just wanted to say how wonderful your honeymoon sounds 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I also have no tips, but you had mentioned your wedding on the theatre fans thread. Just wanted to say how wonderful your honeymoon sounds 😀
Thank you! Now to get in the money to pay for it all haha
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had an amazing honeymoon in Hawaii. It’s an amazing set of Islands
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
We had an amazing honeymoon in Hawaii. It’s an amazing set of Islands
It looks beautiful! So much to see and do, but also the ability to just really relax when we want to!
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I really enjoy NCL, my favourite cruise line so far.

I love their premium all inclusive, as in it really is premium. Other drinks packages I have had include say a red, white and rose, but on NCL you can literally have any glass off a big fancy wine list, I think it was pretty much anything up to $20 which I certainly couldn’t find anything I wanted over that.

I know there isn’t a formal night as such, but there really are plenty of places you can get dressed up for without looking out of place. Certainly the signature restaurants, but even the table service main dining rooms. I find the formal nights a bit lame anyway, and just dressed up for dinner each night.

We are having our honeymoon in October on NCL. I got a fab package that included the premium AI, tips, bottled water, fancy coffees, some internet and some room credit. We’ve just gone for an inside cabin so only got $50 USD credit, as we won’t be in our cabin much, and you never know they might upgrade us being a honeymoon. I’m planning on using the credit to choose a signature restaurant, probably teppenyaki.

I just feel NCL is well suited to a younger adult crowd with their entertainment offering too.