Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 13 Apr 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think Hermes has been here about 4 times since “lockdown” started. Expecting another 3 deliveries currently. If the police show up, I’ll let you know.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Essential only applies to when you are leaving the house. Online shopping is better as it minimises face to face contact.
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m shopping online, stuff for my grand babies and beauty box for DD, some summer clothes for me.

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Did a Holland & Barret online order plus an M & S one, delivered by DHL who drop the parcel at the door then photograph the house as proof of delivery. No contact with them at all but they seemed quite happy and as previous the police havn't turned up yet!
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My delivery lady who seems to bring most of my parcels seems less than pleased at delivering, am I risking these people’s lives or keeping them in a job? I usually put Petunias, Bizzie Lizzes, pretty flowers in pots but not sure if I should or not. 🤷
I’m torn - I usually collect and return clothes direct to my Next store as it is just down the hill, however the store closed so I had to organise a return using Hermes - it wasn’t our usual Hermes lady so I asked the chap where she was and he said she was poorly with Corona Virus! I just don’t feel comfortable doing it. DH and DD have had a few Amazon parcels delivered and we make sure to leave them for 24-48 hrs before opening but it still gives me the heeby jeebies!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

There are no restrictions on ordering online or on what type of goods you can buy from shops that are open.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are still shopping online but being mindful about what we buy. One driver who delivered my grandsons birthday present..trampoline for te garden, said he was grateful for the work a mortgaged four kids, self employed... He just made sure he dropped off, took a picture of parcel and door and left.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My delivery lady who seems to bring most of my parcels seems less than pleased at delivering, am I risking these people’s lives or keeping them in a job? I usually put Petunias, Bizzie Lizzes, pretty flowers in pots but not sure if I should or not. 🤷
some royal mail sorting office staff and postal delivery workers have been highlighting the difficulties of social distancing at the sorting office due to numbers of people in a small space but they are being told they are an essential service and have to continue delivering mail

couriers have changed the way that they work and are doing no contact deliveries where they put the parcel on the step knock the door and step back when you open the door they go without the need for a signature

as said above lots of garden centres are dong free home delivery and we have ordered plants and compost that will be delivered and then paid for by bank transfer so complying with social distancing rules
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We are still ordering bits online which are non essential, but it is helping companies stay afloat.

I must have spent an hour online earlier trying to buy an inner tube for my ebiike, and I could only buy one.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
garden centres have hundreds of thousands of bedding plants ready for sale and they either sit back and let them die or change the way they work and take phone orders and offer free delivery

our garden centre is using Facebook to take orders and they have had to close the order book as they have been inundated with orders and then when they have cleared all the orders they will open the order books again

it means more work for the nursery owners but keeps the cash flow coming in and possibly keeps the business afloat
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List