Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 13 Apr 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve bought so much stuff online 😂😂😂 got some lovely hand creams from Etsy for the staff on my ward 😊 and so much other stuff I don’t really need but figure it’s helping people stay afloat so will continue to buy stuff I see and like hha
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

As a postman, I can tell you we are more busier than Christmas, not a lot of letters, but parcels, on boy. As for social distancing, it is very difficult in the office, we try but it is hard as there are so many of us in a small office.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Bladelia View Post
As a postman, I can tell you we are more busier than Christmas, not a lot of letters, but parcels, on boy. As for social distancing, it is very difficult in the office, we try but it is hard as there are so many of us in a small office.
would staggered sign on times help with that so not everybody is in the office at the same time

l know this is being done by railtrack so the numbers of people in the depot at anyone time are limited
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

We have a lot of local businesses that are keeping afloat by doing deliveries and contactless click and collect. We have 2 local butchers, and 3 fruit and veg shops that are doing home deliveries. They have been a fabulous lifeline to a lot of people who are isolating. We have a FB Community Care Coronavirus page, with a co-ordinator who has sent out cards to most residents (a lot) with phone numbers for help, and a booklet has been produced of local businesses doing home deliveries. We even have a shop at the local pub, and they are also doing a delivery and collection for Sunday roasts.

My attitude to home deliveries has changed considerably. I would rather not pay a delivery charge in the past, but now it seems a small amount to keep safe and to keep businesses trading. I've had paint and wallpaper delivered by a local hardware shop, and they were very grateful for the order.

Tried to get a Dunelm order today, and the delivery was the middle of May!

Hopefully, we will all remember these small local folk who have helped our community.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 05:42 PM.
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just because something is allowed doesn’t mean it’s not morally wrong.

I’ve ordered a few essentials online such as incontinence pads, however I am not buying things like clothes online as in my opinion it’s putting too many people at risk.

I am however ordering from local businesses to have delivered online, like the butcher whom I know is able to social distance and not work in cramp warehouse conditions with no protection.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Where do I start 😳

Hair straightners broke so ordered a new pair.

Dyson broke, new order from John Lewis

Cross trainer, gym is shut and I can’t keep running on my dodgy knee.

Jewellery site I like had 25% off, Monica Vinader.

New handbag as a bonus treat.

Sale items from Reiss, Mint Velvet, Laura Ashley.

DH has ordered DIY bits from Amazon.

Two extra Nespresso deliveries.
I think that’s it!

I was food shopping in Waitrose earlier and heard someone say to the cashier “it’s so hard to spend money at the moment.” 🤔😂
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Hopefully, we will all remember these small local folk who have helped our community.

I'd like to have "liked" this several times!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
Just because something is allowed doesn’t mean it’s not morally wrong.

I’ve ordered a few essentials online such as incontinence pads, however I am not buying things like clothes online as in my opinion it’s putting too many people at risk.

I am however ordering from local businesses to have delivered online, like the butcher whom I know is able to social distance and not work in cramp warehouse conditions with no protection.
How do you know this is the situation?
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If I put all my Amazon purchases on here for the last 3 weeks I would be blacklisted by some on here.

Certainly over 25 separate items

However I am so pleased Next has stopped online shopping as my Wife does like their stuff.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve ordered some things online (haha auto correct put that as “thongs” good job I spotted it rather than being TMI). New iron and ironing board - I needed both but never get round to buying and since ironing is one of the only things I have to occupy my time at the moment I figure it’s an investment. Paint and new bedding - Dh has suddenly started doing all jobs which never get done starting with clearing the massive loft cupboard and decorating DS bedroom.
Wireless earbuds - DS birthday in 2 weeks and unlikely we can go anywhere to shop.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List