Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 1 May 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Asda Scan and Go?

To break the monotony I'm going to give ASDA a whirl tomorrow instead of our local Sainsbury's. I see there is a Scan and Go app. I've downloaded it but can't do anything until I'm at a store. Do I have to have an account set up? Can't see anything on the app.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
To break the monotony I'm going to give ASDA a whirl tomorrow instead of our local Sainsbury's. I see there is a Scan and Go app. I've downloaded it but can't do anything until I'm at a store. Do I have to have an account set up? Can't see anything on the app.
Hi, I have this, its great. You just register you name, email and phone number to set it up. If you location services are switched on on your phone it recognises which store you are in when you open the app when you get to the store. You then just use it as you would do one of the scan handsets.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Hi, I have this, its great. You just register you name, email and phone number to set it up. If you location services are switched on on your phone it recognises which store you are in when you open the app when you get to the store. You then just use it as you would do one of the scan handsets.
I must look into it...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Where do I register? I can’t see it anywhere on the app? Will it only allow that at ASDA?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Although I can't 100% remember, I'm pretty sure the first time I used scan and go at Asda, all I did was enter my mobile number into the screen in the store. I use it every time I go, but that's not very often, and I don't have the app downloaded, I just enter my mobile number.
Old 1 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Where do I register? I can’t see it anywhere on the app? Will it only allow that at ASDA?
Hi, I can't remember exactly where on the app it was but I am pretty sure it came up when I first opened the app when I downloaded it. Ive just had a look on mine and at the top left of the app is a menu and a FAQ. On there it says you need to register with name, email and password or, if yo already have an Asda account, then just log in to that. Hope this helps.

Edited to add: No you can register before you go. You only need to register in Asda itself when you want to use one of their own hand held scan and go scanners and then you register with you details on the screen where you pick up the handset.

Edited at 05:38 PM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

It is a lot quicker especially at the moment... unless there is a family with a young child in the trolley who have scanned everything but not bagged it. When they get to the scan & go checkout and pay they then proceed to pack it all in front of the machine thus holding me and another person up. There was only two machines available due to social distancing. Why they couldn't have packed it somewhere else I just don't know. I appreciate I wasn't in a mega rush but I feel the sooner I get out the better!
MarionG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thank you for the replies. Can’t see anywhere to register on the app. I’ve deleted and reinstalled but no luck. Hoping it kicks in when I’m at a store.
Old 2 May 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Just to add I'm currently in the queue at ASDA and the app let me sign in once I arrived at ASDA.
Old 2 May 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Just to add I'm currently in the queue at ASDA and the app let me sign in once I arrived at ASDA.
Do let us know how you find the experience
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List