Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 16, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
SeaWorld Orlando And Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Both Complete Coaster Footprints

inline imageProgress has been speeding along over in Florida with two new rollercoasters both installing in their final track pieces. Set to start thrilling riders this summer, Mako at SeaWorld Orlando and Cobra’s Curse over at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay are both now nearing completion.

SeaWorld Orlando has installed the final piece of Mako’s nearly mile-long steel track – completing the footprint of what will be Orlando’s longest, tallest and fastest coaster. When Mako opens this summer, the hypercoaster will reach 200 feet and speeds of 73 mph. Riders will feel weightless as they reach the top of each hill.

Following tradition, the 5,669kg final piece of track was topped with a waving American flag as it was lifted high in the air by a giant crane, and then bolted into place by workers. The moment finished off a track that is 4,760 feet (length of 16 football pitches) of pure thrill.

Meanwhile over at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the final track piece has been installed for the park’s most anticipated family thrill attraction, Cobra’s Curse.

The track piece weighing 2,029 kg (almost as heavy as a Land Rover) was bolted into place on Saturday 19th March, marking the end of track construction and the beginning of the testing phase.

The spin coaster will be the only one of its kind in the world, featuring a menacing 13,600 kg snake king icon and a 70-foot vertical lift that will take riders within inches of its 4-foot-long fangs. The three-and-a-half-minute ride will then spin forward, backward and then freely, taking riders on a whirlwind of exciting explorations.

Additionally, even before boarding the new ride, guests will be just inches away from a 400-cubic-foot snake exhibit in the queue which will include Jameson’s mambas, Angolan pythons and rhinoceros and gaboon vipers. This multi-level exhibit reflects the theme of the ride while featuring several animal husbandry and enrichment components designed with the snakes’ welfare in mind, including naturalistic design elements, controlled heat sources and humidity control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image008.jpg
Views:	65649
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	63243  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartman
Proud to wear my Ears

Oh no, I hope there is a way of by passing the snake exhibit otherwise my DW wont be riding Cobra's Curse.
Bartman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I won't be on it either if . I can't bypass the snakes ill be chief bag holder me thinks
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Any ideas if these will be open for August?
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Is there a chance of "soft opening" in May?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

No way I'll be going, couldn't queue through all those snakes, not even if there was only one snake does anyone know if you could bypass that part?
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33

I have just emailed BG to ask if there is any way you can bypass the snake exhibit. I will post on here if I get a reply
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Y
Trying for More Ears

Hi do you think both rides will be open by the 17Th June?
Old 29 Mar 16, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33

I have just received a reply from Busch Gardens & they are currently working on "a strategy" to enable people such as I with a serious phobia of snakes to ride without going through the snake exhibit They just said to keep checking for updates
Old 31 Mar 16, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi- will be missing this one, I really don't like spinning motion on coasters (even Primeval Whirl makes me want to hurl!) 😥😥😥
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List