Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Mar 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Admittedly the only experience we have of using a paper FP system is Disneyland Paris but we found FP+ much better. There was no walking across the park to pick up a FP, only to find that it clashed with a dining reservation.

Last August for a party of 5 we got extra FPs for Buzz, Space Mountain, Frozen, ROL, GMR (on closing day), IASW, POTC, Splash plus probably a few others I can't remember. I also managed to switch FPs on the day and get TT, MS, SE, RRC, TSMM.

Sometimes what I wanted wouldn't show up initially, but usually something would come up after a few refreshes.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
1973jk
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your helpful and reassuring feedback. Good to know others have found it easier. I am going to try to book initial fast passes as I would if I was whizzing round the park to get paper ones!
I’m calmer now!
Please continue to share your experiences - it’s really good to get an idea of how it’s worked for everyone else.
1973jk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Admittedly I’ve only been to wdw once so can’t compare to any old system but I found the fp+ system really good. We booked three headline rides for 10 11 12 am. Turned up at rope drop and did loads of standby less popular rides in the first hour and a half, then did fastpasses and had lunch. Once we’d joined the line for third fp I’d go on the app and book more. There was always loads but rarely the headliners.

We went at Easter so it was busy but again nothing to compare to.

The only headliner we ended up waiting for was test track but apart from that we didn’t really wait for anything.

The thought of dashing to get paper fastpasses doesn’t sound good at all. Also if you’re going somewhere else in the day and just want fastpasses in the evening it’s great as you don’t have to physically go and collect them.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Mobile

I have spent the last few days booking my fast passes for a party of 7. We are not on site so booking at 30 days. Also going at Easter. Apart from FOP and 7 D got everything else at decent times. Just make a plan of the times you want and who wants to do which rides.
The trickiest was TSM in DS the earliest time was 5pm so just booked everything else working backwards from this time.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
The size of party shouldn't matter as you can grab FPs at the same time (if they are all linked in MDE), you just select who you want to book for/when - this is obviously subject to availability.

In order to ensure headline rides, book those as a FP first (as one of your 3) and then once you've used your 3 for that day you can then grab other rides (you can even book one whilst waiting to complete ride no.3 as it marks you as "done" once you've scanned into the queue).

Wifi works fine in the parks and very simple to setup so you can update on the move rather than have to find a kiosk machine.

Just have a rough idea of what you want to do/when, then plug in those FP's (or as close to them as you can), and you can always amend the details once you are there if plans change

Just don't overthink it, otherwise you'll just stress out and spoil your holiday. It's very easy to use.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Its better than the old system, as this was you can actually choose times that suit you, yes they are in advance and why planning is a must but in days gone by you toot a ticket and it gave you a time, which may not have been convenient. Before FPs when you just waited in line, well there are so many people there these days it would be impossible.

FP the headline rides is my advice, look at the historic wait times and book the ones with the biggest queues. Watch out for tiered rides as you can only choose 1 tier 1 at a time.

Once you have used all three, then you can pick a 4th via the mobile app works best. Now in AK I had great fun, as I would find one, say for Everest and as soon as I had gone through the entrance and look for another. Now it may show none, so I would refresh the page and some would appear, refresh and the same again. I would keep doing this until I found one for 10 minutes from the time I was checking. This meant We would get off Everest and go straight to the next and enter, then repeat. Road Everest 4 times that day alternating with other attractions . The wait times showing 60 minutes but yet I could snatch a FP with a bit of refreshing.

Wifi coverage is more than plenty for this.