Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin upper from Belfast help please

Recently booked the weekly flight from Belfast to Orlando for next August. Virgin had some amazing prices under£1200 for upper class. We live in the North of England but too good an offer to miss.
Would be very interested to hear anyone's experiences who have flown the route ?
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Belfast airport is a bit of a "****hole" but otherwise it's the same service you'd get from Manchester for instance.

Not as good as Heathrow or Gatwick where you would get clubhouse access but you will still get access to an OK lounge beforehand. My advice would be to get on the plane as quick as possible to drink some decent champagne/wine/spirits on board instead of the bulk stuff they will have in the generic lounge at Belfast (where as at Heathrow my advice would be to spend every last possible second in the lounge as it's amazing)

Edited at 03:36 PM. Reason: Autocorrect gatwick to garlic
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Belfast airport is a bit of a "****hole" but otherwise it's the same service you'd get from Manchester for instance.

Not as good as Heathrow or Gatwick where you would get clubhouse access but you will still get access to an OK lounge beforehand. My advice would be to get on the plane as quick as possible to drink some decent champagne/wine/spirits on board instead of the bulk stuff they will have in the generic lounge at Belfast (where as at Heathrow my advice would be to spend every last possible second in the lounge as it's amazing)
Come now FV, don't you sugar coat it, tell us what you really think of Belfast airport

Confess you made me laugh with that one FV, needed it after deep tissue massage yesterday that has left me feeling wrecked today

Those are some ding dong UC fares from Belfast, shame VA don't have a winter timetable on from there, if the wind is blowing in the right direction you can grab some canny VA UC fares from Dublin.
Old 17 Nov 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They are stunningly good prices for an UC return, although because it's Belfast and not Dublin you still have to clear immigration in Orlando
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Charming! 😉 we also got a good price for may ( economy though) virgin belfast - mco. Its our local airport so perfect for us 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Unfortunately in the last week the price has gone up by 110% and now around £2600 ! A bit hard to justify such a big increase.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Charming! 😉 we also got a good price for may ( economy though) virgin belfast - mco. Its our local airport so perfect for us 😀
To be honest short commute beats sparkly glitzy facilities - after all it's just a waiting room when all said and done
Old 17 Nov 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Unfortunately in the last week the price has gone up by 110% and now around £2600 ! A bit hard to justify such a big increase.
I think this is closer to the "real" price, the 1200 was effectively a steal...
Old 17 Nov 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Likely the £1200 fares were a carrot dangler Fraser, in an attempt to bring in more pax, considering the advertising it got from Dibbers it's done a canny job too.