Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jun 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile Animal kingdom

Last time we went we were with my mum who wouldn’t even entertain the idea of properly looking around at what was there and I had a really pounding headache (later realised it was caffeine withdrawal cos I didn’t like the hotel coffee so didn’t drink any coffee at all for a few days) so I feel like our day there was wasted.

Any tips on what to do and see this time to make the most out of the day. Do I need more than a day?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

My tip would be to get there early and head straight to the safari as you usually see lots of animals out before it gets very hot and they shelter under trees and bushes.
I would say a full day is enough for us but others may say different.
Mrs sun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Agree with Mrs Sun, but you may find it best to split into two half-days to get FPs for the ‘big’ rides especially flight of passage in Pandora.
AK is a beautiful park and there is a lot to see - definitely think you missed a lot. Tip for the coffee - I always take my own now. Just a decent instant (kenco or Nescafé gold blend) If you’re staying in A Disney hotel and buying refillable mugs, you could use one to get water for your coffee. Another option is a little travel kettle. The coffee machines in Disney rooms are vile - even with the Joffrey’s pods the coffee just tastes of the metal in their pipework. The stuff in the quick service areas is a lot better. If you’re lucky enough to stay in Universal, the machines in there are much better - we had a keurig in the two hard rock hotels we’ve stayed in, and saw a video of cabana bay last night and theirs looked ok too.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I really rate Animal Kingdom at night. The atmosphere is great it’s not as hot, safari is usually really good as the animals are about. Everest is also great at night and you’ve got rivers of light. Then there’s the tree. It’s a different experience altogether. 🙂
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AliBelle
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

What time is best to see the safari in the evening?
AliBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
figment
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Some of the best entertainment at Animal Kingdom is not the rides but just watching the animals. I especially like the huge cages with the monkeys in that are a bit like ninja warrior! Grab a frozen yogurt and just sit and watch them!

Also, the rapids are fab if you need to cool down! 😄
figment is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Agree with Mrs Sun, but you may find it best to split into two half-days to get FPs for the ‘big’ rides especially flight of passage in Pandora.
AK is a beautiful park and there is a lot to see - definitely think you missed a lot. Tip for the coffee - I always take my own now. Just a decent instant (kenco or Nescafé gold blend) If you’re staying in A Disney hotel and buying refillable mugs, you could use one to get water for your coffee. Another option is a little travel kettle. The coffee machines in Disney rooms are vile - even with the Joffrey’s pods the coffee just tastes of the metal in their pipework. The stuff in the quick service areas is a lot better. If you’re lucky enough to stay in Universal, the machines in there are much better - we had a keurig in the two hard rock hotels we’ve stayed in, and saw a video of cabana bay last night and theirs looked ok too.
I switched to decaf many years ago but barely drink much coffee these days
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by figment View Post
Some of the best entertainment at Animal Kingdom is not the rides but just watching the animals. I especially like the huge cages with the monkeys in that are a bit like ninja warrior! Grab a frozen yogurt and just sit and watch them!

Also, the rapids are fab if you need to cool down! 😄
I really don’t even remember much from AK from last time except the monkeys 😭😭😭. I’m pretty sure that’s all I saw cos the queue for the safari was 3 hours long