Old 19 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
What a brilliant last day, Kate's plans worked really well. Such a shame that so many run to the Princess meets, if only they had a good FP system i'm sure it would help out with this. It's so dangerous when people run, we saw a man fall on his child, who he was carrying coming out of AK last year, as he was running and trying to beat the crowds to the bus stop.

I'm the same as you on Buzz, the ride would have to be stopped for a long time for me to get a good score I still love the ride though.

You did get to meet a lot of characters today though. Seems strange that the queuing system seems to work better than the line berty app. Inside the castle looks lovely, Georgia is really looking forward to seeing that.

It's a shame that Kate had to eat from the children's menu. It is quite limiting, her curry looked lovely today though and your "child's" meal looked tasty too. Was the wine and cocktails expensive at DLP? I certainly will miss an included drink there after our delicious choice of cocktails at WDW last time

Great report, we really enjoyed following along. Georgia loved Kate's haul photo and was pleased you added it I'm very pleased that as we inspired you to have a mum and daughter trip, it went well and you got along so well together I think your highs and lows are really very fair, as there are obviously a few things that could be improved at DLP, but it does show that you both had a lovely time. Thanks for taking the time to write it, hope you enjoy your next trip at POFQ
I'm sure you don't need me to tell you I'm not a fan of the running for rides or characters it's like the idiots that drive on the hard shoulder when there's a traffic jam on the motorway. I find it so annoying. Of course no one wants to wait in line longer than they have to, but for goodness sake this wasn't just a light jog or speed walk. This was a full on sprint.

Your story about the man falling on his child as he ran for the bus at AK is crazy, he must have been going at quite a speed. We've seen a bus waiting at the bus stop and done a bit of a jog to get there, but at the end of the night when the fireworks have finished it's jam packed so it's not possible. Plus we're always pretty worn out at the end of the day and there's no way I want to start running.

I think I preferred being in charge of our fate with the queuing up for characters and at least we had the option of getting in line even if it did look like a really long wait.

There was quite a bit to explore in the castle, both upstairs and downstairs. This is definitely worth a look around

I honestly can't remember the cost of the cocktails, I don't think they were cheap, but I don't feel like they were extortionate either

Don't feel too sorry for Kate having to order off the kids menu, she's not too hard done by. It was because she still counted as a child as she was 11 when we went and turned 12 the week after we got back, which is adult at DLP. Anyway, her child credit was not worth much money compared to my adult credit. I'm sure I could have let her order from the adult menu it just would have cost me more.

It's been fun having you read along to our mother daughter trip after you inspired me to book it! I'm hopeful it won't be our last It was great fun. I'd wondered if we would bicker or get on each others nerves as it was only us and we didn't have the other 2 to distract us or talk to. It seemed that just being in each others company was good though.

I'm really looking forward to POFQ this summer. I hope we enjoy the resort, it looked so beautiful in your report and I'm excited to see it. Not too long until we are off on that trip. A little over 3 months!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List