Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 May 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile Adding and removing days

If we book with either Disney direct or someone like ATD can we add or remove days?
We like most people are waiting for either free dining or some kind of offer.Is it better to add more days initially and remove them once the flight is booked ? We are thinking that if the flight prices are better by going a day later or earlier we want to be able to adjust our accommodation booking.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely book more days than you need on the original booking because I got caught out this year. I wanted to add just one extra day but there was no availability at our original standard room so we would need to swap the entire booking to a garden view room to get the extra night. £1600 extra for one night! ( We politely refused the kind offer ).
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes it’s easy enough with Disney. Booking more days than you need means you will be guaranteed the resort and room type if your flights don’t fit with planned dates but you will have a £50 amendment fee.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you will add more days on I presume it’s therefore better to book direct with Disney.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

I booked hotel only with ATD, doing exactly this. But when my dates changed they had to cancel my booking and rebook and the room rate was more. It was not explained like that to me when I booked and spoke about not knowing exact dates. Wouldn’t use them again unless I knew my dates.
It was for a universal hotel and only a few nights so no big deal, annoying all the same as it was advertised as ‘free’ amendments. They didn’t charge to amend, I just had to pay the new price.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List