Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 May 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
michaelb136
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Agh it’s hard. In some ways I wish I just knew that I was going next year instead. I worry it won’t worth spending the money this year but can’t do anything until flights are cancelled...
michaelb136 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by michaelb136 View Post
Agh it’s hard. In some ways I wish I just knew that I was going next year instead. I worry it won’t worth spending the money this year but can’t do anything until flights are cancelled...
It’s definitely the unknown that’s making this so difficult we were originally due to go to California this Friday, and pushed it out to the start of October (and then added a week of florida on to that), and all I do is torture myself checking the news for Florida and California, trying to figure out what’s going on. Realistically though, it could be fine to visit both places, but we won’t be allowed in from the U.K. or something!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by bunts View Post
I was wondering the same to be honest we are off in October as well fingers crossed and my kids love the water parks. If we did delay to beginning of March is it warm enough to go to the water parks. Sorry to jump on your post.
We were there the end of last March and it was not hot enough for us to go to the pool most days. Getting in the water was quite ‘bracing’ to say the least!

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
It’s definitely the unknown that’s making this so difficult we were originally due to go to California this Friday, and pushed it out to the start of October (and then added a week of florida on to that), and all I do is torture myself checking the news for Florida and California, trying to figure out what’s going on. Realistically though, it could be fine to visit both places, but we won’t be allowed in from the U.K. or something!
We should have been in Florida now but moved to October, I can’t help thinking of my carefully planned itinerary where in a parallel universe today we would would be in animal kingdom and be having dinner in Sanaa 😥
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
We should have been in Florida now but moved to October, I can’t help thinking of my carefully planned itinerary where in a parallel universe today we would would be in animal kingdom and be having dinner in Sanaa 😥
I’m the same today should have been our first morning in Orlando waking up in the beach club then taking bus to MK:-( xx
Old 21 May 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Taking the waterparks as a whole, id be amazed if there werent some Disney tech people working as we speak to modify the magic bands to include a version of Volcano Bay Tapu-Tapu system to reduce people wandering aimlessly and joining too many queues on the off change. It will never completely stop that, but anything that reduces it is in turn reducing the occurrence of spontaneous congregations of people.

This will of course make the purchase of the money spinning magic bands all but obligatory, but Disney wont be thinking of that...

Once in the queue, supermarket spacing marks on the floor is highly likely. How much people will adhere to them id debatable but its still useful.

Mobile ordering at all food locations (in all parks, not just water parks) will become ubiquitous. Taking the waterparks as a specific example, Disney is never one to miss an opportunity to make money, so it wouldnt surprise me if, under the guise of social distancing, they introduce some sort of package for sunbed food and drink delivery, as a way of keeping people on their sunbed as much as possible.

There will be less sunbeds and they will be more spaced out.

Perhaps the Misting machines will be misting out nice refreshing clouds of Purell?

In the high crowd attactions, specifically, the wave pools, it might well become a case of one in, one out, and crowds kept fairly small and encouraged to space out. You might see more infrastructure built around the shore to the wave pools so that there are only specific entry and exit points so that staff can enforce the 1 in 1 out policy.

I could imagine the wave pools will close all but two entrances. One being an entry, one being an exit.

The routes around the park might be 1 directional to reduce people crossing each others path.

Hand. Sanitiser. Everywhere.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List