Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
kayjay43
New Poster (5)

kayjay43's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
:) Universal opening

It is official, Universal parks are opening on June 5th.
Good news for a change.
kayjay43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
florida babe
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

No fun though walking around with face masks on 🙁
florida babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
June 1st-2nd - Opening for Team Members.
June 3-4 Invited guests and Annual Passholders only
June 5th Open to the public.

Masks must be worn and will be provided, no Valet parking, Temperature checks in place, social distancing measures in place across attractions and food outlets, limited capacity, closed children's play areas, more use of virtual lines, no single rider lines, no post show meet and greets. More to follow.
I know they are going to limit capacity but it will be so difficult to keep 2m apart and the whole experience will be adversely affected.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

universalorlando/web...rations-update
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I watched a vlog the other day of Shanghai Disney and the first 30 people the vlogger walked past at least half were not wearing masks with cast members standing by.

If that is happening in China what do people think will happen in Orlando. The mask wearing is unsustainable in Florida heat especially in the summer.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

I think if people don't follow the mask protocols in Florida, they will close the parks. I'll tell you why I think that: "peer pressure". There will be massive complaints from people who ARE following the instructions and keeping their masks on if they see people walking around who aren't. Not sure how the social norms are in Singapore, but that's how it will work in the US.
If you're not prepared to follow the stated rules, don't come.
And personally, I wouldn't be able to wear a mask all day in the Florida sunshine, so I would stay away.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
I think if people don't follow the mask protocols in Florida, they will close the parks. I'll tell you why I think that: "peer pressure". There will be massive complaints from people who ARE following the instructions and keeping their masks on if they see people walking around who aren't. Not sure how the social norms are in Singapore, but that's how it will work in the US.
If you're not prepared to follow the stated rules, don't come.
And personally, I wouldn't be able to wear a mask all day in the Florida sunshine, so I would stay away.
Yep. One thing I've observed from my trips to the US is that the Land of the Free loves rules. I think Chinese and Singaporeans are also quite good at following rules though!

(Just for clarity it's an observation not a criticism. I'm a firm believer that if you're in somewhere else's home then you follow their rules.)
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
Yep. One thing I've observed from my trips to the US is that the Land of the Free loves rules. I think Chinese and Singaporeans are also quite good at following rules though!

(Just for clarity it's an observation not a criticism. I'm a firm believer that if you're in somewhere else's home then you follow their rules.)
Spot on observation. Anyone who has the idea of just taking their mask off and no one will care, think again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Will Mickey and pals be wearing masks?
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As work has carried on on various projects throughout the lockdown do you reckon they will have been able to get more out of the Hagrid coaster for more prolonged periods? 😂
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List