Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 07, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone stayed at Quality Inn International on Int Drive?

Hi

Caling everyone who has stayed at the Quality Inn International on International Drive.

I have been checking out some of the reviews of the hotel (Cheap but cheerful I think is the overall view)> I am going to contact the hotel to request a non-smoking room, and wondered if anyone could give me any other tips to try and get a good room e.g. garden view or pool room, ground floor?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Between us we've stayed at the Quality Inn International 3 times. We prefer a room in the two storied blocks, especially the rooms next to the rear car-park, accessable from the rear entrance. Although there's traffic coming past - a consideration with children, we liked this location.

I agree that it's cheap and cheerful but it's fine. All of us have had a great time while we've been there.
Heather1957 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
sorry not sure about which rooms are best. we stayed there for our first visit to florida. as you say, its basic but very clean, really friendly staff, restaurant was great for breakfast, didn't have dinner there so can't comment.
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
taffgirl
Imagineer

taffgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oops posted twice!
taffgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
taffgirl
Imagineer

taffgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed there in October 2005, and to be honest, I wouldn't stay there again. We requested a non smoking room, but when we got into the room, it was obviously a smokers room, because it stank. They said there weren't any others available, but they were still advertising that there were rooms available.

We had to leave the bathroom light on all night, everynight, because of two cockroaches that would come out to play if we didn't.

Hubby went to reception to complain about a film that we'd paid for, and wouldn't work, and there was a lady there complaining about cockroaches all over her bed!

There's not enough laundry facilities there either.

I know lots of people on the DIBB think it's a good hotel, so you'll just have to weigh up the pluses, and minuses of what people say.

Perhaps it was just a bad time of year that we went.

The staff were really friendly though
taffgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed here Oct 2005 and didnt rate it at all. My friends parents complained and they got moved to the new block which is 4/5 high and they said it was miles better as its newer. We too asked for nonsmoking but was in smoking and when asked was told they were full so couldnt move us. I personally wouldnt stay here again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

hi my son and i staed here christmas 2006 and it is basic but a great price if busy you only need somewhere to sleep and shower - no cockroaches seen as i would have gone - it is old and a bit tatty but it gives you the money to spend going somehere exciting like discovery cove so be it - if you plan to be around the hotel a lot i would say go elsewhere - enjoy - i would go back only to balance the books so i could do exciting things! staff lovely apothecary restaurant not super but very edible and great price - i think you get what you pay for!
Old 18 Feb 07, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

In 3 visits never saw any cockroaches, could have been because we went later in the year so less humidity, rooms were always cleaned although the times varied.

No it's not the best hotel on I-drive, but didn't have any 'real' complaints about the place.
Heather1957 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
I stayed there in 2001 and it was OK. Im not sure that I would stay again though as its quite a busy area and I wasnt so keen on the hotel. Dont get me wrong, it was clean and it was fine for the money - i just wasnt too keen. However lots of people love the fact that its right in the middle of the Drive and close to so many restaurants/shops. Many people have stayed again and again. I still stay 3* but have found a real gem of a hotel for not much more which i really enjoy.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 07, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We've stayed there twice, although it was quite a few years ago (last time was September 2001 9/11 in fact).

The hotel was basic but clean. It had a shop whcih sold all sorts of groceries and souvenirs and really delicious vanilla coffee. I'd always buy a vanilla coffee and a cheese danish to have by the pool in the morning while DH was trying to wake up.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread