Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 10, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoying your report - look forward to hearing more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

cant wait for the rest,hope you start feeling better soon.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great report, sorry to hear you were ill.
Old 4 Mar 10, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

what bad luck being ill , hope you felt better on your wedding day ! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jolloyd81
Apprentice Imagineer

jolloyd81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking forward to more - hope you werent sick for much longer, it was probably panic over your wedding. x

Oct/Nov 2023 - Villa Holiday
Oct 2017 - Dibb Villa, May 2012 - Dibb Villa
2010 Oct - Dibb Villa
2008 & 2007 villa/2005 villa/2003 I Drive/2001 I Drive
jolloyd81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 10, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Day 5 - 29th December 2009

After being ill yesterday we decided it was better to meet everyone at 12 noon rather than 9am so that I could have a lie in. DF's parents & brother had arrived yesterday so he'd rung them last night to tell them the change of plan. DF had also given me a good talking to and told me to stop getting so stressed out.

My Dad arrived at our hotel at 11am as planned so he could ride on the monorail with us to Epcot. As we passed over the entrance of Epcot we saw my Mum & Step-Dad going through the ticket gate. We met them outside Mousegear as arranged at 12 noon after we had put our coats into a locker, after yesterday when it got so cold so had learnt our lesson, although it was sunny then. We hung around until 12:15pm with still no sign or word from Mike's parents, which I wasn't really surprised about but Mike's Mum had made a huge fuss before we came about buying a new mobile that would work in the USA, so you'd think she would have let us know they were running late. So Mike gives them a ring and it turns out they had had a problem with their credit card when buying their park tickets at their hotel (they had not taken my advice to buy them in advance) as they were still a way off my Mum & Step Dad set off to explore the World Showcase agreeing to meet at 2pm in America. My Dad stayed with Mike and I and after a while he went into the shop then he waved me in to look at a coat he liked. I wandered round for a bit then suddenly just had this feeling that they'd arrived, I headed back outside and they had! After saying hello I went back in to find my Dad with Mike's Mum trailing after me, we found my Dad no problem but could we then find are way out? Nope! We went to 2 different doors before we found the correct one, that shop is bigger than I realised!

We headed over to the World Showcase and into see the Canada show, the 360 degree cinema is one of the things Mike's Dad still talks about from when they went in 1994 so I knew they'd like this.

We carried on round the World, stopping in Japan to watch the entertainment.

Before ending up in America at 2pm to meet my Mum and Step-Dad who were having an ice-cream. The rest of us were also hungry but the queues everywhere were huge. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and queuing we all had some food which we ate while sat on a wall in America. My Mum and I chatted to a women who was taking part in a Hidden Mickey Hunt that day, it was boys V girls and the girls plan was to get the boys drunk so they'd forget!

We carried on round the world but didn't go on any rides or anything as the place was just jam packed with people.

Once we'd finished our trip round the world we headed back to the front of the park and went on Ellan which ended in perfect time for our ADR at Coral Reef. We were seated in one of the booths at the back of the restaurant which meant it was really hard for people to speak to each other and we were far from the tank but everyone enjoyed their meal and the atmosphere plus we had a lovely server.

We had the candlelight processional package so when we paid we were given our tickets to get into the show. Mike ran off to get our coats from the locker and the rest of us started in the direction of the theatre. On the way we purchased two blankets to keep us warm. When we got to the Christmas tree I heard Mike's Mum say to Mike's Dad to take a photo so we stopped walking and stood to one side and Mike's Mum and brother joined us. His Dad was now nowhere to be seen though! Well I wasn't waiting for him, Mike and I had paid for everyone and I wasn't going to have everyone else miss out because of him. So we carried on going but half way round Mike's brother decided to go and look for him as they didn't think he would have gone to the theatre without us so I gave him their tickets and the rest of us carried on. Mike then rang wondering where we were as he had arrived. We got to the theatre only to find Mike's Dad there with Mike. Mike's phone had died so he hadn't been able to ring me back to tell me. We rang Mike's brother and told him to get overhere asap, as he had 2 tickets we couldn't all go in so Mike and I waited outside for him while the parents all went in to get seats. We went in with seconds to spare but found we had seats right at the front, we soon realised why when the sign language lady came on, they must have been keeping these seats for any deaf guests but when none showed up they let us have them.

It was a lovely show and our parents all enjoyed it. As part of the package you got to go into a VIP section to watch the fireworks which I had thought was a good idea because we only got out a few minutes before the start however in hindsight I wish we'd not bothered as the North bit of the lagoon was empty which I could't believe given how busy the aprk had been, but the VIP area between the two Port Of Entry (?) shops was packed with people. We still had a good view though and everyone loved the fireworks.

Mike's parents offered to drive my Dad back to his hotel so Mike and I said goodbye and left at a speedy pace. On the way out we went into Mousegear as I wanted an anklet to wear the next day and I found one. Mike and I headed back to the Poly on the Monorail for our last night together before we became Husband & Wife.

Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 10, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Day 6 - Part 1

December 30th 2009 - Wedding Day

Mike and I got up about 9am after a good nights sleep, which is the reason I hadn't wanted him to sleep somewhere else like the tradition says. We headed down to get some breakfast, I got some cereral but left most of it as I didn't like the milk, so I got an apple to take back to the room. I got everything ready and then my Mum and Step-Dad turned up. Mike then left with my Step-Dad just as Ana turned up to do my hair and make up. Mike was going first to the GF to check us in then over to his parents room, then my Step-Dad would take his car back to his hotel before hoping into a taxi back to the Poly. Ana got on with my hair and her assistant did my Mum, then it was on to make up. Ana kept me totally entertained the whole time so there was no time to be nervous. My Dad turned up half way through so we sent him off to look round the hotel some more. My Step-Dad and Dad came back and Ana left and I started to get dressed, then Randy the photographer came (half and hour early), and he started snapping away.

Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 10, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

You look lovely Claire x
Old 21 Mar 10, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Part 2

The limo was picking me up at 2pm so about 5 to we headed over to the reception. I hadn't really practised walking in my 5 inch heels that much but I had no problem walking in them and quite quickly at that, normally I walk very slowly so I must have been ready to get married. Walking through reception I got my first taste of being the centre of attention and I liked it! The limo was there so I got straight in and we set off to the GF were it was dropping me, my Mum and Dad off and then taking my Step-Dad over to the WP. It had already picked up Mike and his parents and taken them to the WP.

At the GF I had a Welcome Party, Stan and his videocamera, Randy and his camera (who had gone ahead of us), my wonderful planner Kathleen, and Stephie (from the DIS). After a quick chat with Stephie it was off inside the GF for a few photos.

Then it was off to see my beautiful coach.

I arrived at the WP to another Welcome Party, this time Mandy (from the DIS). After a quick chat it was time to head inside to marry me off.

I went into the Brides room, Mike was in the Grooms room.

Rev Knox came in to meet me, he seemed really nice, he'd just been in with Mike showing him what he had to do, but I later found out he only turned up just before I had and he'd gone through everything so quickly with Mike in the Grooms room, they couldn't do it in the WP or Mike may have seen me coming, that Mike didn't really know what he was supposed to do. So Rev Knox is going through with me what is going to happen, I can see he has my ceremony printed out in his book, but then he starts talking to my Dad about him giving me away, hang on what's happening that is not in my ceremony, yes my Dad is walking me down the aisle but he was NOT giving me away, I had not put that part into the ceremony so why was he putting it in. I realised I couldn't say anything without upsetting my Dad and creating an atmosphere and I didn't want that 5 minutes before I got married so I decided i'd just have to go along with it.

Rev Knox and my Mum left to go and take their places and then it was my turn.
Old 22 Mar 10, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

I stood behind the closed double doors and could hear the chimes playing inside the WP, then the double doors were pulled open and I made my grand entrance, to When you Wish Upon a Star. I began to tear up a bit but when I got closer and could see Mike had tears in his eyes that made me stop for some reason and thankfully I didn't cry during the ceremony (I do not cry well and had been worried about that).

Rev Knox began the ceremony, but of course he was reading from my printed ceremony which did not have the part with my Dad giving me away in it, so my Dad ended up standing between Mike and I for ages, he was even stood between us when we said "I Do", this didn't spoil the ceremony but it was very annoying. Finally Rev Knox realised and said that bit and my Dad went to sit down.

The ceremony carried on. We had a blessing of our hands and did the Unity Candle. Overall I thought it was a beautiful ceremony and was very happy been we were pronouced Husband and Wife. We walked back down the aisle to zip-a-dee-doo-dah.
Closed Thread