Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Sep 11, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our Magical Wishes Wedding - 16th October 2012

Introduction

I thought it was time to start my pre trip report as last week we were officially pencilled in for our DFTW - Tuesday 16th October 2012

We had originally planned a May 2013 wedding, but over the last few weeks have learnt to live life to the full as sadly we lost my Grandad very suddenly. This made us question why are we waiting until 2013 so we checked with our guests and most of them could make October 2012 if we brought it forward so we contacted DFTW and after a lovely conversation with Pam, we are now pencilled in for a 5pm ceremony. We are hoping the wedding planning will help to my Nan over the next few months by taking her mind off things and also that she will be able to travel with us to celebrate, health permitting.

So, here we are on our first day of the magical trip we had in May this year

I am Emma (24) and DFi is Scott (23) - a toyboy!

We have been together for 4 years now, and lived together for 2 1/2. He was friends with my stepbrother at school so I kind of already knew him, and he tells me he used to fancy me when we were younger but it all started with a chat up line from him ... "Your mum tells me you don't know how to use a mop!" So romantic huh?! Scott used to have a Chelsea season ticket as does my Mum so he also knew her from football, hence the silly conversation about my mopping on the train home that day, thanks Mum!

We went to DLP in October 2008 with his sister and neice Ruby, who was only 3 at the time, and this is when our love for Disney really took off! We had always both enjoyed watching the films, we used to watch Scott's old VHSs in our early days! My favourite is of course Lady and the Tramp, while Scott likes Jungle Book and Lion King.

Here we are in DLP (with Ruby our flower girl!)

After moving into our house in 2009, holidays were put on the back seat to decorating, so when we started to think of where to go in 2011 there was only one place we could think of...Florida! We originally thought it would be too expensive but after a few hours with a Virgin rep we had booked 15 nighst at the Fairfield Inn and Suites on I Drive for May 2011, luckily this is when I found the Dibb and after lots of research we decided to change our holiday to 8 nights at POR with DDP, then I booked a surprise for Scott, a night at BLT with rented DVC points, before finally moving up to I Drive.

This was the most magical holiday ever, we loved it and we knew from the first day that we would be back, just like we had been told we would on here! lol. (Trip report is in my sig if anyone is interested)

Next up...the proposal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA070128.jpg
Views:	6039
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	35660   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA090359.jpg
Views:	6057
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	35661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0851FourBySix.jpg
Views:	5997
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	35662  
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

Edited at 08:11 AM. Reason: Correct photos
lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
The Proposal

After a busy day of Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends, a morning in Magic Kingdom and then afternoon at blizzard beach, we were running slightly late for our ADR at Ohanas! No time to dry my hair, so sporting a nice "natural" curly look we go the bus to MK and then the boat across to the Polynesian. We really enjoyed our meal here, one of the favourites from our holiday, weeven enjoyed a couple of drinks each!

After dinner we walked down to the beach and took a seat to watch Wishes. Scott was a bit fidgety and suggested the 2 sunbeds I had chosen were too close to other people so we walked along the beach...no sunbeds in sight! So he suggested sitting on the kerb of the path just outside the Spirit of Aloha dinner show, which meant all we could hear was that! So we walked a bit further up...then we realised we couldn't see the castle anymore. It was now only 5 minutes before Wishes was due to start and I didn't want to miss it! haha. So we walked back to the sunbeds we started on... Not sure what all the fuss was about! Then he started to move his sunbed away from mine? I asked him what he was doing but he just mumbled something then finally sat down!

Finally! We had a great view from here and there were not many other people on the beach to bother us so I was unsure of all the fuss he had made, and we enjoyed the electrical water pageant while Wishes was on

After a few comments of him telling me to stop taking photos as we had seen Wishes loads already (Not with the water pageant though) he started to fumble around again, pushed his sunbed even further and then got down on one knee

This was just the most perfect proposal for me and of course I said yes!

We brought some souvenirs from the Poly as a reminder of our magical evening, a lei for me to wearm here we are newly engaged at the Poly

And also a painting of Mickey and Minnie on sunbeds on the Poly beach, the exact same spot as where he proposed so this was a perfect memento

We now have it framed with a photopass picture of us and a photo of the beautiful beach we took the next day

We then got the bus back to POR and had a celebratory drink in the bar watching Yee-Ha Bob, that guy is mad and very talented, before going to bed after a few texts home to tell our friends and family the good news!

Next up...the ring
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	engagement frame.jpg
Views:	4009
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	35655  
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
The Ring

Scott proposed with a Disney Coutire Snow White rose ring

Which meant that our plans changed slightly the next day to allow us to go ring shopping!

We went to the Outlets at the top of I Drive, and were looked after by a lovley lady in Ultra Diamonds. I tried on lots of rings, many were way too big for me and when she put "the ring" on my finger I knew it was the one. Here it is too small before it was sent off for resizing

It has 4 princess cut diamonds on the top in a square, and then 2 round diamonds on either side of the clasp, perfect!

I now wear both beautiful rings

Next up ... our welcome home and engagement party
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	my rings.jpg
Views:	3814
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	35656   Click image for larger version

Name:	my ring.jpg
Views:	3810
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	35657  

Old 13 Sep 11, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Great start. Lovely ring.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Fab report so far Em, so excited for you!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Oooh you've started a report (puts me to shame again lol). Brill start Em, looking forward to reading more.

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Is he still a Chelsea Season ticket holder? If so where is he? Me and my mum are in the East Stand family,(shed end) and my son is MHL.

Lovely start.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Great start. Lovely ring.
Thank you xxx

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Fab report so far Em, so excited for you!
Thanks Nat, very excited now! xxx

Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Oooh you've started a report (puts me to shame again lol). Brill start Em, looking forward to reading more.
Hehe lots of excitement has kicked in this week since booking it all so thought a perfect time to start our report xxx

Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
Is he still a Chelsea Season ticket holder? If so where is he? Me and my mum are in the East Stand family,(shed end) and my son is MHL.

Lovely start.
No he is not but my Mum is, we have their tickets when they can't go, they are also in MHL. We are going to the Swansea game in a couple of weeks Where abouts does he sit? xxx

Old 13 Sep 11, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post

No he is not but my Mum is, we have their tickets when they can't go, they are also in MHL. We are going to the Swansea game in a couple of weeks Where abouts does he sit? xxx
My son sits in E121! Unfortunately he won't be there as he has a residential that weekend for County Band. I won't be there either as it is the day after my chemo and I will completely laid out! My husband is going to take my mum as we have been told anyone can use my card whilst I am ill.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 11, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
My son sits in E121! Unfortunately he won't be there as he has a residential that weekend for County Band. I won't be there either as it is the day after my chemo and I will completely laid out! My husband is going to take my mum as we have been told anyone can use my card whilst I am ill.
I will let you know when we have them next time and look out for him, will have to find out where we are sitting too
Hope everything goes well for you and your Mum enjoys the game, hopefully they play like they just have and Torres gets some more goals!

Closed Thread