Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 15, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Honeymoon!

So after we decided it was going to be a UK wedding, our thoughts pretty quickly turned to the honeymoon! This is by far the most exciting part for us both so lots of thought went in! We decided pretty early to hold it off until October for a few reasons. Firstly, my work gets super busy between July-September, so I wanted to have the honeymoon as something to look forward too! A holiday is a big thing for me, so I also wanted to have time to plan the honeymoon rather than just having it straight after the wedding!

Originally we were going to do the West coast, as Steve is absolutely desperate to go! The only problem was the driving, I'm quite a new driver and Steve hasn't passed yet, and the route we wanted to take involved a lot of driving! We decided to put California on the backburner for a bit (first anniversary/Steve's 30th birthday trip!), and go back to Orlando!

Steve really wanted to try somewhere else as well as Orlando, and it was narrowed down to either New York or New Orleans. We eventually decided on New Orleans as we both have always wanted to go, and we could get some American driving practice in before our West Coast trip!

As I'll be writing a pre-trip for our honeymoon nearer the time, I'll show you a quick overview of our plans...

So on the 8th October we'll be flying into Orlando and getting a connecting flight to New Orleans and staying at the Q&C hotel for 4 nights..

I haven't got much planned yet but I know it will involved daiquiris and the french quarter

Then on the 12th we will pick up our rental car (Steve's choice)

And head to Pensacola beach for 2 nights

Staying at the Margaritaville Hotel! I'm so excited!

Then it's on to Orlando! Our first stop is 4 nights in one of my favourite places in the world, Hard rock hotel!

Finished off with 11 nights in somewhere I still can't believe we are actually staying... the beach club!

How exciting! We've booked beach club direct with WDW, Q&C with travel republic and literally everything else (except the margaritaville hotel) with Virgin. I'm super excited now after writing all that down!

Only 385 days to go haha!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Wow your wedding plans and honeymoon sound amazing!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
wow your plans sound amazing
we also honeymooned in Orlando its the best lol
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 15, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Wow your wedding plans and honeymoon sound amazing!
Thanks! I can't wait to go!

Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
wow your plans sound amazing
we also honeymooned in Orlando its the best lol
Thank you! Awesome, I'm so excited!
Old 18 Sep 15, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds amazing! We love Drayton Manor DS is a huge Thomas fan 😀
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Loving this planning journal so far! Drayton Manor sound and looks amazing, I love weddings with a difference! The bottom carousel pic is awesome cause that bride is wearing my wedding dress
The photographer looks incredible. Photos are definitely something that needs to be perfect for you, they are the lasting memory of the day after all!
The honeymoon sounds like so much fun! New Orleans is somewhere I'm dying to go!
We are stopping at the HRH and the Beach Club next October too! We may cross paths.
Can't wait to read more of your plans! X
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 15, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic! My DH loved the idea of going away to get married but I was not so keen as I knew certain family members could not make it.

Look forward to seeing all your plans etc.
Old 21 Sep 15, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkertangled View Post
Sounds amazing! We love Drayton Manor DS is a huge Thomas fan 😀

Thanks! Drayton Manor is great isn't it! Oh I bet he loves it, Thomas land is awesome!

Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Loving this planning journal so far! Drayton Manor sound and looks amazing, I love weddings with a difference! The bottom carousel pic is awesome cause that bride is wearing my wedding dress
The photographer looks incredible. Photos are definitely something that needs to be perfect for you, they are the lasting memory of the day after all!
The honeymoon sounds like so much fun! New Orleans is somewhere I'm dying to go!
We are stopping at the HRH and the Beach Club next October too! We may cross paths.
Can't wait to read more of your plans! X
Thank you! Oooh what a lovely dress! Bet you can't wait to wear it!

I love her, I'm so excited for our wedding photos!

Wow that's amazing! Might see you there!

Originally Posted by seriliza View Post
Fantastic! My DH loved the idea of going away to get married but I was not so keen as I knew certain family members could not make it.

Look forward to seeing all your plans etc.
it's a hard decision to make isn't it, I suppose you have to do what feels right for you.

Thanks for reading along!
Old 22 Sep 15, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Sounds like it is going to be a great honeymoon.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 15, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Sounds like it is going to be a great honeymoon.
I can't wait! Thanks for reading along
Closed Thread