Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Apr 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
nitnat2004
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone stayed full 14 nights at universal?

We’ve only ever done 1 night/2 days at universal. We always stay onsite at Disney to take advantage of free Disney dining. Do universal do a dining package? Would 2 weeks be too long?
nitnat2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
moocat17
I want to go now!

we did 2 weeks in 2014 and tried to squeeze every park from Disney to universal and beyond in(rookie mistake) and ended up knackered by day 8.

then just did 14 nights at the cabana bay in 2016. the food there was not too bad and fairly priced.
we only did universal, shopping, wild Florida boat trip, fun spot. we felt that there was plenty to do in the 14 nights we were there but not quite so knackered out.
check the universal site - they do daily dining cards, we got a couple i think they were $25 each. they also have a play and eat where you got the crazy golf or cinema and meal for $25. think the cost is a bit more now though

universal don't seem to do a Disney style free dinning package - which is a pity

2014 - Renaissance at Sea world
2016 - Cabana Bay, Universal
2020 - was not to be at the Endless Summer, Universal
moocat17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gward
Getting Excited

Mobile

We did a week at Cabana Bay back in 2015. It’s a great hotel. I wouldn’t want to stay longer than a week to be honest. Most Universal attractions can be done in 3-4 days
Gward is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

We did 14 days at the Aventura hotel in November 2019 plus one day at Epcot and an evening at MVMCP. We knew that it would be a slower paced holiday than normal. We visited the Universal parks most days but only for a few hours. We quite often sat on a bench somewhere and watched the world go by. Loved it. Much more chilled than our usual 14 days at Disney.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did 4 nights one year and that was enough. I couldn’t use it as a base if I planned on doing Disney and couldn’t be occupied at Universal for 2 weeks. Even with 4 nights some of that time was spent shopping.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We did a week at RPR a couple of summers ago and did club level. We only did universal parks. It was so chilled. We also spent time staying on I drive and did seaworld and a one night stay at Disney for after hours.

At Easter we spent 2 nights on I drive, 6 nights at Universal split between RPR and Aventura and 1 night at Disney for Magic Kingdom which had emh till 2am.

Not long back from 7 nights at Aventura in February for a Mardi Gras.

Supposed to be having another week at universal, Rpr club level for a week in July with 10 nights idrive for seaworld parks.

What about a split stay. I love Universal but a week or 8 nights would be enough, you could split with idrive if not doing Disney.

No dining plan at universal that’s worthwhile - food not as expensive as Disney though. Club level at RPR is nice for a longer stay.
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
I did two weeks as a teenager with the family back in 2006 and we drove out to Disney etc. It was perfect for us because universal was our favourite resort and the FOLP were great if we fancied a ride on hulk after a 'boring day' at the malls. It worked for our family because universal was somewhere we loved to dip in and out of.

As an adult, I have fell more in love with Disney, so we usually spend 5 nights at universal and 9 nights at Disney. It gives us a couple of days to settle into the new time zone at universal on a slower pace before maximising our time at universal before moving to Disney.

So, I wouldn't stay for 14 nights now ... but only on the basis of how much we love Disney, it wouldn't feel right for us to go and not be in the Disney bubble. Having said that we did do a last minute, one week holiday on site at universal and that was so relaxing!
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We did 4 nights one year and that was enough. I couldn’t use it as a base if I planned on doing Disney and couldn’t be occupied at Universal for 2 weeks. Even with 4 nights some of that time was spent shopping.
I agree I'm afraid, the longest I've done is 7 nights at The Hard Rock. Perfect base for Universal, but there just isn't enough to be occupied there for that long.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did 14 nights at Cabana Bay last year and had a fantastic time. We had the 14 day 3 Park Universal tickets and enjoyed doing the parks at a more leisurely pace. We also spent time at City Walk in the evening that we have never done before when staying at Disney.

In addition we had 1 day at Magic Kingdom and 1 day at Epcot to get a little Disney fix.

Cabana Bay has become my favourite hotel in Florida. I just love the 50s/60s feel and find the whole resort much more relaxing than any at Disney.

Having more time at Universal also made me appreciate the details more. I've been visiting since 2001 but normally only spend a day in each Universal park with the rest if the time at Disney. It was nice to be able to take a more leisurely pace and soak up the atmosphere.
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We have done two weeks twice (once at Portofino and once at Hard Rock) and had a blast. We would visit the Universal parks in the morning and head back to the pool in the evening. We also visited non-Disney parks such as Discovery Cove, SeaWorld etc. I love Disney and Universal but I find the Universal stays more relaxing because there’s less advance planning with the use of the express pass and lack of advanced dining reservations. This year we were due to go to Disney for two weeks with a week at Royal Pacific but for obvious reasons I don’t think that will be happening. As a family we recommend a longer stay at Universal to really relax and take it easy.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List