Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 12 May 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
It’s ‘new posts’ for me.

Case in point, a new thread has been posted about Vanessa Feltz. I used to be able to click the arrow to get the gist of the post, whether or not it’s of interest, now I have to open the thread. It’s only a few seconds more but over the course of the day, that might equate to hours for me
Exactly the same for me.

The title doesn’t always enable you to know whether you want to read or not. A quick glance using the arrow to tell me she hadn’t died would have been enough!
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Exactly the same for me.

The title doesn’t always enable you to know whether you want to read or not. A quick glance using the arrow to tell me she hadn’t died would have been enough!
exactly! And what about the threads that we don’t seem to be getting at the moment, with the cryptic titles like ‘I can’t believe it’, and then you peep and realise it’s about gold ears or something
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

I really miss it! I used it all the time. I thought it was a glitch. I have not read anything like as many threads now as I did as it was the best way to check what the thread was about 😩
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Oh no i miss it too. I used it all the time! So sad it’s been retired 😢

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It’s ‘new posts’ for me.

Case in point, a new thread has been posted about Vanessa Feltz. I used to be able to click the arrow to get the gist of the post, whether or not it’s of interest, now I have to open the thread. It’s only a few seconds more but over the course of the day, that might equate to hours for me
I'm on a laptop. If I go on "New Posts" and then hover over the thread title it shows me the first paragraph or so of the thread. That's what I use to get the gist of the post.

Not sure I remember another arrow other than the one to go to the last post. If anything I would like that arrow to be bigger - I sometimes mistakenly click on the person's name instead.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s ‘new posts’ for me.

This is exactly what I used to use it for too...now I am not reading as much as it is taking to much time...bring back the arrow all is forgiven
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm on a laptop. If I go on "New Posts" and then hover over the thread title it shows me the first paragraph or so of the thread. That's what I use to get the gist of the post.

Not sure I remember another arrow other than the one to go to the last post. If anything I would like that arrow to be bigger - I sometimes mistakenly click on the person's name instead.
I’m on a tablet, the little arrow used to be to the right of the thread title and sounds like it did what the hover function does on a laptop.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s ‘new posts’ for me.

I'm with you 100% on this x
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Oh I really miss the arrow
Please can we have the arrow back, as has been said it's a great function to check out a thread without opening it, especially on a tablet that hasn't got a hover function like a desk top, also great when someone has posted a link and you can just click on the link instead of opening said thread
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

What a shame, definitely a drawback there.

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List