Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 17 May 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’re booked for the 28th with virgin holidays (originally from Gatwick). No idea about flight changes yet, we had paid for the v room and the bubble, also the nsshp tickets. We are looking to re book for Feb 21, if we ever get any contact with virgin 🙈😬
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

We are due to fly out on the 3rd September from LGW with BA. First four nights at Universal Aventura followed by 14 nights at Disney OKW, 2 bed villa with free DDP.
This is a family celebration trip, our 25th Wedding Anniversary is on departure day, twin daughters 21st birthdays on the 8th and DBF 21st on 9th September. We've been looking forward to this holiday so much and currently our emotions are all over the place.
DBF only been abroad once before so DD is very excited about sharing this experience with him. She is a Disney fanatic and I feel sad that the anticipation of the holiday isn't as exciting as usual for them but in the scheme of things our health is far more important.
Things can change on a daily basis, our deposits aren't due until July so we are leaving it to fate as to whether we go or not. Otherwise I think we will try and postpone our trip to September 2021.
We still watch vloggers to get a hint of Disney magic during these strange times.
Stay safe. X

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Due to go to 5th September. No flights booked luckily- I always book late. AKL with free dining for 5 nights and a Dibb villa - both deposit only paid. We had out April trip cancelled and I'm doubtful this will go ahead. Would like to move our WDW booking to next year. Universal have given us a 3 park 5 day pass in replacement for our annual passes which run out on 15th August.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy'sMum
Excited about Disney

Fairy'sMum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are planning on delaying by a year, I don’t think I will get health insurance, I like the idea of fewer people in the parks but not the risks.

Flights booked and paid for but can be moved, accommodation was 8 nights in Disney with free DDP so we are waiting to see if that comes in for next year before we have to pay the balance. Then a week offsite which we haven’t booked.

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Fairy'sMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jacksc5294 View Post
Flying on the 12th with Aer Lingus - we can change flights for free until 30th September. Booked direct with Disney, balance due in July, when I’m confident the picture will be clearer!

Social distancing obviously isn’t ideal - but it’s not going to go away anytime soon in 2021 either, out of sheer precaution!

Best case scenario is that we can go in September and the parks are really quiet
We changed flight fee free...it’s a con...I did a dummy booking and found flights for March (not Easter) when I phoned they said that price was new bookings only...had to pay extra £254 that’s was for 4 adults...not a lot extra I know but the point was dummy booking was less then we originally had paid...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Due to go on the 7th with direct flights and onsite Disney abs dvc rented through a dibber.

I don’t think we will go but can’t do anything yet as flights were booked in Dec. My only issue is balance is due to Disney in July and if we don’t pay and flights do go then we will lose that money. Am guessing we won’t know about the flights for a while yet
Old 17 May 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tdon
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We are going September 26th from Manchester after moving our original date which was may 25th. I'm fairly confident the September trip will go ahead with hopefully limited impact when we are there. Disney springs opening on Wednesday is a big positive step and I think the parks will pencil in opening from start of July with reduced capacity and expand from there and I expect social distancing will have ended by September. Boris Johnson has said today that we hoped to have us back to pretty much normal by end of July which is a good sign, especially as we have been behind many other countries with our steps etc. The scientists believe the virus is dying out and may even have reduced dramatically before we have a vaccine is available, that along with the more effective treatments we have found puts us in a good space. The world is overcoming this and little evidence of large 2nd peaks from those countries relaxing things is really positive. Also we can't keep this closed forever, will be nothing left. Stay positive, things will be ok 👍
Tdon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tdon View Post
We are going September 26th from Manchester after moving our original date which was may 25th. I'm fairly confident the September trip will go ahead with hopefully limited impact when we are there. Disney springs opening on Wednesday is a big positive step and I think the parks will pencil in opening from start of July with reduced capacity and expand from there and I expect social distancing will have ended by September. Boris Johnson has said today that we hoped to have us back to pretty much normal by end of July which is a good sign, especially as we have been behind many other countries with our steps etc. The scientists believe the virus is dying out and may even have reduced dramatically before we have a vaccine is available, that along with the more effective treatments we have found puts us in a good space. The world is overcoming this and little evidence of large 2nd peaks from those countries relaxing things is really positive. Also we can't keep this closed forever, will be nothing left. Stay positive, things will be ok 👍
I really hope the same!
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
emck942
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

We are in a similar position flying on 24th Sept 3 night's at Universal and 10 nights POFQ.
overpaid for flights with Aer Lingus so if they were cancelled it wouldn't be the worst to get a refund. Would have been paying the balance to ATD in July so we could have booked our fastpass but that window will pass us as I won't want to commit to paying travel until 11th hour I think. Without free dining there wouldn't be the incentive to stay at POFQ for the crazy price it will be next year.

If we end up moving our booking to June 21, I am considering split stay between a Loews/villa/something on idrive and Swan/Dolphin if we reorganise.

I'm fairly confident the parks will have reopened by September but doubtful that it will be worth our while travelling if we have to self isolate on arrival.
emck942 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

BA flights to Tampa on 26/9 and then 2 weeks in Cape Coral, at least that's the plan. I'd give it no better than a 5% chance though. Just waiting on the cancel or move options coming through now.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Edited at 09:45 AM. Reason: Add date
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List