Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Aug 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Helping Donald

extending for 3 days dilemma

hoping someone can help as feeling a bit clueless,

we are staying at CBR for two weeks next October and have the opportunity to extend for a further three nights. We have booked direct with Disney but there is no rooms available other than move to pirate ones for £620 for the three nights.

so options are
1. rent DVC points - but totally clueless as to how, where and when I can do this and hope we can get three nights at Saratoga
2. take the 3 nights at CBR through the UK call centre and have pirate rooms
3. something else - there is availability in the same level of room as we are booked in on the US website can I do that with split booking?

see told you I was clueless we are aware that the dining plan will end on the Friday as will our park tickets (I think!) but we have universal ones that will still be active and also we want to mooch about Disney springs and I Drive.

any thoughts and pointers - I fear I may be over thinking all of this!
thanks in advance

Edited at 08:24 AM.
lorian45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

No clue about renting DVC

But we extended our holiday by 4 days and just phoned Disney to upgrade our tickets from 14 days to 21 days...it only cost £10 per person.

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Helping Donald

oh wow I never thought it would only be that little to extend, think I will give them another ring this afternoon. Child is away for the day and I can actually speak to them as she doesn't know we are even going yet!
lorian45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

If you have universal tickets already, I’d go stay at a universal hotel for the three days, possibly if you can stretch to it one with express passes (although don’t know if needed in October) We loved staying one night at universal, next time we are doing 4!
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Helping Donald

we are already staying one night at Universal at the start of the trip, but ideally need Disney for magic express although it did cross my mind to move there too
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

Just a thought, but maybe move the one day you already have to the end, might make it a bit cheaper (assuming you still have the existing disney booking for that night anyway)
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Booking with Rented DVC points is really easy .
We used David's DVC ...
There is a calculator on their site which will tell you exactly how much for your dates and chosen property.
Once the booking window is open theywill let you know and you pay the balance straightaway.
It was incredibly straightforward. Disney even transfer luggage between the resorts. The only downside for you is it is too early to book just yet looking at your countdown.

Personally I'd extend the passes to 21 days now and wait . I'd far rather spend the money on DVC than a pirate room . Obviously you won't have free dining for the last three days though if that is important.

Edited at 12:13 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Helping Donald

thanks Duchy, that sounds a logical move - not worried about the dining plan. Can you register an interest with Davids website or do I need to wait till November? sorry im totally clueless
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I was able to put my request in to David's (and pay a deposit) a month before it was released by DVC. My request was fulfilled within a day of the dates being released, and I then paid the full balance. Within a few hours I was all linked on MDE. It was all really simple
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If they have rooms with Disney US it may be worth calling Disney UK and asking if they can extend your stay. Sometimes they can help. If not and you want to stay at CBR just book those nights through Disney US and ask for them to link the bookings so you don’t need to move rooms.
Of course renting DVC points means you could get 3 nights deluxe for a decent price. We rented points to stay 3 nights at BLT a couple of years ago and it was great to walk to MK.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List