Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Apr 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The one that stood out to me was 'Do no offer self food services'

Does that mean no refillable resort mugs and no buffets unless family style?
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jimmy-google View Post
The one that stood out to me was 'Do no offer self food services'

Does that mean no refillable resort mugs and no buffets unless family style?
Thats the one I was worried about too as we love the buffet at chef mickey and boma

Would seem it will either now need to e 'plated' and brought to the table OR
served by the chef/cast member standing behind the buffet. You wont pick up a plate anymore. You go to the buffet and the chef/CM has the plate (be it plastic or paper ) and you point to what you want.

That way less risk of contamination as items are disposable.

As regards the re-useable mug. As you are the only person using it, I would've thought these were safe enough. As regards filling them, perhaps you will require to wear gloves to press the button OR a CM will do that for you.

Its glass, cups and porcelain etc thats problematic as they are normally washed and re-used so could potentially contaminate. Hence one time use and disposable will be the way to go .

I dont know either but this is my best guess.
I also wouldn't be surprised if they took out the microwaves and toasters in the dvc rooms.

It'll be different!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Thats the one I was worried about too as we love the buffet at chef mickey and boma

Would seem it will either now need to e 'plated' and brought to the table OR
served by the chef/cast member standing behind the buffet. You wont pick up a plate anymore. You go to the buffet and the chef/CM has the plate (be it plastic or paper ) and you point to what you want.

That way less risk of contamination as items are disposable.

As regards the re-useable mug. As you are the only person using it, I would've thought these were safe enough. As regards filling them, perhaps you will require to wear gloves to press the button OR a CM will do that for you.

Its glass, cups and porcelain etc thats problematic as they are normally washed and re-used so could potentially contaminate. Hence one time use and disposable will be the way to go .

I dont know either but this is my best guess.
I also wouldn't be surprised if they took out the microwaves and toasters in the dvc rooms.

It'll be different!
I think there will be a CM serving the buffet now. With regards to refillable mugs I think they will have a CM randomly wiping the machines and offer a hand sanitizer station there and perhaps gloves.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Really interesting to see what's being proposed.
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
How would they enforce the 50% capacity? Just shut the doors when they reach a certain number? Or have pre-bought date-specific tickets, and annual pass holders have to register to enter on specific days? Just wondering how it would work if there's too much demand
Doubt it will be an issue. Sounds like only locals will be able to get there for Phase 1, and even then many probably won't want to go just yet.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the big 3 implement this.

Virtual queuing could be good.

Really don't want masks for guests to be mandatory.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I heard that Epcot will be the last park to be reopened as they won’t know when international flights will be allowed to land at Sanford or Orlando to bring staff back in to work in world showcase.
Animal Kingdom is ready to be open now as staff been there looking after the animals.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Most will be impractical for a profitable outcome to the business. I can see most places will just stay closed until a more relaxed approach is applied. Why open if you are losing even more money then when you are closed?

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I watched the Florida governor giving a press conference last night explaining that Florida will begin to reopen under phase 1 from Monday. He did seem to be very much in Trump’s camp (although I may be wrong about this) and very much played down the impact all of this has had on Florida. He also stated that each phase will only be in place for a matter of weeks and not months unless there is a ‘spike’.
Going on this I think the parks will plan to open when Florida is in phase 2 of reopening with less restrictions needing to be in place which would tie in with reports they are looking at reopening in June time.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I'm not sure i'd want to even go if it's in times where they need to take measures such as those. Operating at 50%, tape marks at 6 feet away, face masks, sneeze guards etc. It would just play in my mind that it's still not safe and I probably shouldn't be there.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
I'm not sure i'd want to even go if it's in times where they need to take measures such as those. Operating at 50%, tape marks at 6 feet away, face masks, sneeze guards etc. It would just play in my mind that it's still not safe and I probably shouldn't be there.
The 50% capacity thing is a PR line too. It’s exceedingly rare that the park ever gets to capacity so 50% of capacity could still be very busy relative to what people often experience.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List