Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Apr 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
I'm not sure i'd want to even go if it's in times where they need to take measures such as those. Operating at 50%, tape marks at 6 feet away, face masks, sneeze guards etc. It would just play in my mind that it's still not safe and I probably shouldn't be there.
It sounds grim on the face of it, but a couple of months of the same kinds of thing over here and it might not seem too bad. Maybe.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Mobile

To be honest I think a lot of the measures will be permanent in some way. Things won’t be the same again.
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I’m bemused between the staff measures versus guests. Guests don’t have to be temperature checked, and could be going round with a fever and raging cough but that’s fine, because surfaces will be randomly wiped.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

These measures are obviously necessary but I would be a bit disappointed if I couldn’t get a visit from mousekeeping during my 12 night stay! It would be nice of them to knock the price down a bit but I can’t see that happening.
I think virtual queueing needs to become much more widespread. The parks definitely need a WiFi boost but it surely makes sense to invest in something that keeps guests safe AND keeps them spending money (can’t buy snacks while you’re stuck in a queue!)
I know Bob Iger has talked about temperature checks becoming common place- I wonder if he has plans to buy those heat vision scanners they’re using in China and install them at the gates. I’m always a sweaty mess for the entire duration of my holiday, I’d be seriously worried about not getting in!

Edited at 06:14 AM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dragsapphire View Post
To be honest I think a lot of the measures will be permanent in some way. Things won’t be the same again.
As soon as there is a vaccine everything will be back to normal.

We live with plenty of other illnesses that people die from despite there being vaccinations so I don’t see it being any different with this.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I watched the Florida governor giving a press conference last night explaining that Florida will begin to reopen under phase 1 from Monday. He did seem to be very much in Trump’s camp (although I may be wrong about this) and very much played down the impact all of this has had on Florida. He also stated that each phase will only be in place for a matter of weeks and not months unless there is a ‘spike’.
Going on this I think the parks will plan to open when Florida is in phase 2 of reopening with less restrictions needing to be in place which would tie in with reports they are looking at reopening in June time.
I watched the governor also and I completely missed the part saying each phase would only be weeks .. mind the boys were both streaming and it was the night that virgin BB was horrendous so it kept kicking me out

I’m feeling much better knowing this though as I was thinking each phase would be at least a couple of months probably more
Old 1 May 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I think it raises more questions. I guess the 50% capacity wont be hard to keep to - I expect they are going to open before any international travellers can travel to US and many local people will be to scared to go to a theme park. Social distancing in a queue - ok, but how do you do it on a ride? Load every 3rd row? Someone in the front of a fast ride sneezes and everyone behind will travel into those droplets.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Theme parks are not going to open under phase one apparently. Someone made the right decision that it wouldn't be a viable situation to do so.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Theme parks are not going to open under phase one apparently. Someone made the right decision that it wouldn't be a viable situation to do so.
Yeah I think that’s why they are aiming for a June opening, I think they are hoping that Florida will be in phase 2 by then. That’s how I understood it listening to the Florida Governor
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dragsapphire View Post
As in? Life has to go back to normal eventually otherwise what’s the point?
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List