Old 12 Mar 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Miji
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Paula and Kenny's Orlando Adventure Day 8 - Blizzard Beach & Shopping

Day 8 - Blizzard Beach & Shopping
Monday 1 September 2014

Day 7 is here.

It was Labour Day today so I hadn't been sure what was best to do when planning. There were a few horror stories about trying to park at shopping malls and outlets on Labour Day, but we decided to chance it and spend the morning at Blizzard Beach and go shopping in the afternoon.

We got up at 8am and took our time getting ready, leaving at 8.45am. We needed to put fuel in the car, so we stopped at a gas station, and it took Kenny a while to work out which fuel we should put in. We were on our way to Golden Corral at 9.25am.

Breakfast cost $14.10 for the two of us. There'd been a problem with the computer/till when we went in and they'd had to restart it, so the staff member gave us a discount because we'd had to wait. We left a $3 tip and headed to Blizzard Beach.

We put all of our stuff in a locker and headed to Melt-Away Bay first.

We spent about half an hour in here, just messing around and testing out the underwater camera.

It was pretty tame in here, so we left and headed to float around on Cross Country Creek. We spent about an hour and a half/two hours just floating around, and I actually fell asleep on my rubber ring for a while. It was so relaxing, and it was amazing having the sun beating down, but it didn't feel too hot because of the cool water underneath. I think we did about 3 laps of the park, and my nose got a bit sun burnt!

The waterfalls were absolutely freezing, and the only non-relaxing part!

After relaxing for a couple of hours, we went to Runoff Rapids. I wasn't really up for doing any of the bigger ones, particularly Summit Plummet, because I'm absolutely terrified of heights, and not being strapped in was a step too far for me :rem:

We then went to Toboggan Racers, followed by Teamboat Springs. We got a big ring just for the two of us on Teamboat Springs, and it was pretty bumpy on the back side :rem:

We left Blizzard Beach at 2.30pm and grabbed a McDonalds for lunch. Our mall of choice this afternoon was Florida Mall, where we arrived at 3.30pm.

We headed to the Michael Kors shop first, as I wanted to spend some of my birthday/graduation money on a bag, and Kenny also said he'd buy me one as a graduation present. I really wanted a mini Selma in navy, but they had none in the shop at all. I also wanted a Hamilton tote, but they had very few colours and I'd wanted a red one. The woman in the shop was also annoying me because she didn't leave me alone from the moment I walked in, even though I'd told her I'd let her know if I needed anything. I know they probably get commission but she could have given me some peace! It really put me off buying from here, but they didn't have what I wanted anyway!

I headed into Macys to have a look at their Michael Kors collection. They had mini Selmas in stock and also a larger choice of colours in the Hamilton tote. I asked the shop assistance if they had the Hamilton in red, but he said that he though Michael Kors had stopped doing this colour. They did have the mini Selma in navy though, so Kenny bought me this one. I chose a dark grey Hamilton tote, and while the assistant was away getting it for me, I saw a lighter grey one which I preferred. I felt bad that he'd gone to get the ones I chose, and I had to ask him to get another one instead, especially because he had a broken elbow!

He was very helpful though, and it was no problem for him. They didn't have the colour I wanted in the warehouse, so he gave me the display one. He had been chatting to us for a while and had asked me about my university course when I'd said that Kenny was buying me one as a graduation present. He gave us 10% discount on both bags, which was really nice!

I forgot to take the price down, but I think the Selma was around $200 and the Hamilton around $250.

We then went into Abercrombie & Fitch where Kenny spent $130 in the sale. We don't have an Abercrombie near us, so he was glad to be able to buy some stuff here. I spotted that Wet Seal had a buy one get one 70% off on their boots, and I wanted some fairly cheap casual boots for wearing to football, so I bought a dark brown pair and a slightly beige colour pair. These were about $42 for the two.

We left Florida Mall and headed to Premium Outlets for 6pm. We got lucky with parking, as a car was leaving a space as we drove in so we grabbed that straight away.

We headed into the Michael Kors outlet where I bought a purse for $83. I was really pleased with this, because I'm really fussy and like my card holder part to be under a separate opening from the one for my coins, and I found the perfect one in here. I'm usually very monochrome, but I bought this in bright pink

I was glad after going in here because Kenny had asked me in Macys if I wanted to wait until I'd been the outlet before buying the handbags. I'd told him that I didn't because the two bags I wanted were his classic designs and were unlikely to be in an outlet. I was right, and especially since I'd got the last grey Hamilton in Macys, I was glad I hadn't waited!

We bought 100 different Lindt truffles for $25. They had tonnes of flavours in the shop, and loads that I hadn't seen in the UK. They were all amazing, and we kept them in our fridge in the villa and ate them until the day we left! My dad loves Lindt chocolate and I really wanted to bring them home for him, but the likelihood of them surviving without melting or being eaten was slim!

The white chocolate, lime, orange and strawberry ones were all stand outs for me!

The Converse shop was up next, and they were doing a buy one get one 50% off deal. The 50% off pair couldn't be any of the classic colours (white, black, pink, red) and also didn't apply to any items that were already discounted. I bought a white pair for myself, and also a white pair as a present for my brother's girlfriend. For my 50% off pair I really wanted maroon ones, but they didn't have any in my size, so I went with grey instead. They only had the grey ones in a half size up from me, but they fit fine so I got them anyway. Kenny also got a pair of white ones.

We left the outlets at 7.30pm to head to Applebees for dinner. We drove past a Fun Spot for Labour day on the way which was like a carnival. I wish we'd have known because it would have been cool to check it out. The traffic was terrible, and we arrived at Applebees at 8.30pm.

To start we ordered the appetiser sampler, which was mozzarella sticks, spinach and artichoke dip, cheese quasedilla and boneless chicken wings. I ordered a strawberry lemonade and Kenny had a diet coke.

These were okay, but the quasedillas were not as good as the ones at Bahama Breeze.

For main I ordered the four cheese mac n cheese with honey pepper chicken tenders and bacon. Kenny ordered the endless wings. He had two rounds of these, with two different sauces, but I'm not sure what sauces he had.

The chicken in my mac n cheese had way too much pepper on it, and was a bit spicy for me, so I left it and ate half the mac n cheese. It was okay, but not as cheesy as I was expecting.

Kenny said his ribs were amazing.

The service was a bit slow in here tonight, and they brought our main courses before we'd finished our starters, even though we asked for them to be brought out after. It wasn't even busy! We were done by 9.45pm so had only been in there for over an hour, but it did feel really slow!

The cost for dinner was $50.32 and we left a $10 tip.

I have no idea what time we got back to the villa, but it must have been about 10.30pm, and we went straight to bed!

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Miji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving those Lindt chocolates!
Old 12 Mar 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hiddenmichelle
Excited about Disney

Where did you get the Lindt from? Looks amazing!
hiddenmichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Those Lindt chocolates were a bargain! 😊
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Love your bags. My youngest DS loves the Lindt chocolate.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Ooh I have the Selma too but mine is in black patent

I am needing a new grey bag which I will be looking for in september
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great day

I'm desperate to know where to get those Lindt chocolates!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 16, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Miji
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Leelsisy View Post
Loving those Lindt chocolates!
They were delicious, and a very good price considering how expensive they are over here! I haven't seen most of the flavours over here either!

Originally Posted by hiddenmichelle View Post
Where did you get the Lindt from? Looks amazing!
There was a store at the outlets we were at that was just full of the chocolates, and you got to do like a pick n mix of them. I just googled it and it seems we were at the Premium Outlets at International Drive. They've also changed the price to 100 chocolates for $30! Still a bargain!

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Those Lindt chocolates were a bargain! 😊
They definitely were! Considering how much we pay here for a box that has about 10 in them, they were very cheap: and they lasted the whole week we had left! Way more flavours than I've seen here too

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Love your bags. My youngest DS loves the Lindt chocolate.
Thank you! It was hard choosing them - If you're around at the Premium Outlets you should definitely take him in there, he'd be in his element!

Originally Posted by pudge View Post
Ooh I have the Selma too but mine is in black patent

I am needing a new grey bag which I will be looking for in september
I love it! I really want the black (non-patent) studded one as well, may have to get another one when I'm in NY this year!

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Great day

I'm desperate to know where to get those Lindt chocolates!
Thank you! We got them in the Lindt shop at the Premium Outlets on I-Drive! We just came across the shop by chance, as I'd never seen anyone mention it before or it would have been top of the list
Miji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List