Notices

Old 6 Apr 24, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
princesspotter
Earning More Ears

Long Live All The Magic We Made - April 2024

Long Live All The Magic We Made – April 2024

Pre Trip:
Hello! My first ever trip report…here we go! Long time lurker and sporadic commenter on the dibb and now taking the plunge and writing my own trip report. As you might be able to tell by the title, I am a big Taylor Swift fan (may or may not have even bought some Disney x Taylor inspired t-shirts just for the occassion ).

I'm Ainsley (34) and will be travelling with my husband Lloyd (32). We are off on our honeymoon! More on that later.

Here’s the both of us heading to MNSSHP in October 2022.

We were last in Orlando in 2022 along with Lloyd's family, five of us in total.

Little did we know the next time would be our honeymoon.

For some context on how it all came about…

Going back in time to April 2023 we were sat at home on Easter weekend looking forward to a Monday bank holiday when Lloyd surprised me by asking me to marry him to which of course I said yes(this trip report would be pretty short if I’d said no)! Long story short we quickly came to the conclusion that neither of us wanted a big wedding and that actually we would love to be married ASAP! Well it turns out its not that easy, who knew! Fast forward 6 weeks, (and surprisingly not much stress at all) we got married in Lloyd's mum and dads back garden under the guise of an engagement celebration. We had invited family and a few friends who were welcomed to the news that they were actually at our wedding. Yes, we hadn’t even told my In Laws To Be until the morning of.
Anyway, I was starting a new job the following week so we decided to book the honeymoon for a little bit in the future so that I could settle in etc. and here we are.

So the plan...

• We are flying from Edinburgh to MCO mid April. We’ve got the lounge booked on the way out and flying premium economy on the way.
• Staying at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside for 7 nights then moving to Universal’s Aventura for 6 nights before heading back home.
• Will be using UBER/LYFT to get from the airport etc. once there. And of course for the trip(s) to Walmart/outlets/shopping.

Follow along if you fancy reading about what we get up to 😊 over and out for now.
princesspotter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 24, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Congratulations on your wedding! Have a wonderful honeymoon ❤️
Old 6 Apr 24, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

What a lovely idea to surprise your nearest and dearest at your wedding! I bet that was amazing. I hope you have the most magical honeymoon! We are staying at POR in August so looking forward to hearing all about it (and would love to see some pictures) 😃
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 24, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princesspotter
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
What a lovely idea to surprise your nearest and dearest at your wedding! I bet that was amazing. I hope you have the most magical honeymoon! We are staying at POR in August so looking forward to hearing all about it (and would love to see some pictures) 😃
It was incredible and took so much stress out of the whole thing! I’ll be sure to include lots about the resort, this is our second time staying there and it’s just wonderful 🥰
princesspotter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List